Help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

KAPEH

Original poster
Jun 3, 2005
Could anyone tell me what's happening with dish network's cards. Why channel after channel is being locked? Half of the channels are showing but half not.

Try a reset. Hold in the power button on your receiver for a few seconds then let go. The box should cycle back through.

No the problem is some of the channels says that i need to replace the smart card by the particular date and dates are different for different channels. I tried to reset the box but didn't change anything. I still can view programs, but some of them says that i need to get a new smart card and some says that i need to get a new smart card by June 06 or 26 or even different days.

Dish is going to a new smartcard and they should have sent you out one. Once the date passes for those channels, if you don’t have a new card in it, the channel is gone until you put the new card in :D

Thanks.
Is it a new card type? or the codes has changed only.
Also why channels getting blocked not at once but with in a time period.
Thank you.

Dish should have sent you a new "yellow" smartcard. Turning off certain channels is Dish Networks way of getting your attention that your smartcard needs to be replaced. If you have not received your new card, give Dish Network a call.

Is this a new card type (Encryption)? Are they trying to get back on those illegals?

KAPEH said:
Is this a new card type (Encryption)? Are they trying to get back on those illegals?

yep...the new cards are a different scrambling technology to combat the hackers :)

and the quicker they do it, the better!

Comment

But aventually some one will hack it anyways, they should come up with something else!

KAPEH said:
But aventually some one will hack it anyways, they should come up with something else!

while that is true there are only 2 real ways to do it..

require the receiver to call in to activate (You cant forge caller id on some systems)

Use 2 way satellite signals and a rotating random encryption code.

KAPEH said:

it will take a while for that :)

and lets not turn this into a hacking thread as it violates the "no hack talk" rule :)

since the OP seems to ask about the hack part on each post, closing thread

Question has been answered

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)