Helps to Raise Hell

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

CowboyDren

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 18, 2005
Looking at my next bill online, I read:
  • 10 DVR Fee (up from 6)
  • 35 Dish absoluteHD
  • 5 Programming Access Fee
  • 6 DHPP
The $4 increase on the DVR fee put me in a sour mood, which worsened the soreness from being left in the cold as FNC and FBN were not added for AbsoluteHD customers. I started looking at upgrading, and those fools wanted me to pay:
  • 10 DVR Fee
  • 55 TurboGoldHD
  • 10 PlatinumHD
  • 5 Programming Access Fee
  • 6 DHPP
Mind you, D* charges $2.01 cents per month LESS for exactly the same grade of service, but with more HD, and Dish doesn't even provide access to the SD channels that D* already has HD versions of. More money, less stuff to watch.

So I called, and they waived the PAC, deleted the DHPP (which I've only used once in six years), and put me into a Digital Home Advantage (I think) package for $59.99 per month after a $10 per month "loyalty" discount. Nice work by the CSR; now how about adding some HD, Charlie?

So now, instead of paying $56 per month, you are paying $60 per month, which goes to $70 after your discount expires, Boy, you stuck it to them.

They just start the 24 month commitment over with when you get another promotion if you are already in a current 24 month commitment period.

Did this require a new or extension of existing commitment?:confused:
I have always had leased equipment, and I was at about 12 of 18 months on an old commitment. They offered the loyalty discount for either extending the commitment by 24 months or going to paperless billing with autopay. I'm not the autopay type, so I took the extension. As much as I gripe when I get pissed off, I'm not going anywhere.
So now, instead of paying $56 per month, you are paying $60 per month, which goes to $70 after your discount expires, Boy, you stuck it to them.
You've got it a little wrong. With HDA, I was stuck with that set of channels forever. I got upgraded, and I'm getting over $80 worth of programming and services for $60. In a year it goes up to the same $70 that anybody who knows how to ask is eligible for (programming fee increases notwithstanding). A lot of people on this forum still don't know that if you ask for a discount, you can get one.

The only thing left unresolved is that as a Turbo Gold subscriber, even with Platinum HD, I still don't have access to FNC or FBN, which is completely and utterly unacceptable. Are they going to pull this same stunt with AMC and Spike? I'd bet not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts