Here is a bug on the HWS!

jerryez

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Pensacola,FL
I recorded 6 "Buying the Rockies" and moved them to Ext HD 1. I was watching one of them and a block popped up and said that I was at the end of the recording, but I was not even half way through. I closed the block, but when I went to the ext HD 1, there was NO listings for the 6 programs. I looked on the HWS HD and my ext HD 2, but the programs were not listed anywhere. I went to the timers and the program was listed there. So, I selected the search button and it found my 6 programs listed on the "DVR". When I clicked on each program, I could not make any selections. Also, they all showed 100% watched. Since the were listed as on the DVR I rechecked all programs on all three HDs and still could not locate them. MY wife was watching the whole ordeal and she agreed that they were not Listed.
The next morning, I turned on my HWS and found all 6 programs listed on ext HD 2. NO, I am sure that they were on HD 1 the day before. The first program showed 25% watched and the other 5 were 0% watched. I clicked the first program and clicked resume and the show picked up where it had quit at the day before and I watched the remaining of the show. I HATE ELECTRONICS, ESPECIALLY COMPUTERS, WHICH A HWS IS.

Almost none (21%) on the HWS HD, 28% on the ext HD 1(which is a 500GB drive) and about 229 movies(77%) on the ext HD 2( which is a 2TB drive).
otherwise, no other bugs at all on my HWS< except the promise of an "add OTA channel" button that does not work. Also, no Joeys, but I do have two other HDTV hooked up with HDMI cable thru my AV receiver.
Why?

Has no one else had this happen to them?

But, how can the recordings transfer from one ext HD to another, when I can only move recordings from the ext HD to the DVR and then move the recording to a different ext HD. And why would a search for the programs show them as being on a DVR and not allowing access to watch or delete the recording from the search menu. Other search programs are acessable from the search menu. And they showed 100% watched for all 6, yet I had only watched 25% of one of them. Dish, I hope you are reading this. You HWS has ghosts. Is it haunted too?

But, how can the recordings transfer from one ext HD to another, when I can only move recordings from the ext HD to the DVR and then move the recording to a different ext HD. And why would a search for the programs show them as being on a DVR and not allowing access to watch or delete the recording from the search menu. Other search programs are acessable from the search menu. And they showed 100% watched for all 6, yet I had only watched 25% of one of them. Dish, I hope you are reading this. You HWS has ghosts. Is it haunted too?
Your EHDs do not store as 1, 2, 3, etc.... What is one today might be two tomorrow. One is going to be the EHD that was last accessed...

Your EHDs do not store as 1, 2, 3, etc.... What is one today might be two tomorrow. One is going to be the EHD that was last accessed...

I tested this on my HWS and every time I went to ext 1, it was the same recordings as 1 was before. My HWS does not switch to last accessed ever when I tested it, but will change randomly at will, when it wants to, but not very often. I always test it when moving recordings, so they go to the drive desired. ie: 1 hour tv shows on ext 1 and movies on the larger ext 2.

Mine change regularly. First to spin up is 1. RAIDs take longer, and two at a time is a toss up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)