Here is a joke of a franchise

SandraC

On Vacation
Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
NJ
Great article on SI.com about the Circus-Landers. You just can't make this stuff up:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0807/nhl.islanders.follies/content.1.html

The best part is that there is very little opinion or editorial content, it's all just true history...and it's priceless. Now you know why I say they should be playing in a circus tent instead of a Mausoleum.

We're talking about a franchise with a long history of crooks (Spanos and Kumar) as owners, and total buffoons (Maloney, Milbury and Snow) as GM's. And everybody that gets traded to the Joke-Landers weeps at the thought of playing for them... :D :D :D

Totally hysterical. Pretty soon we'll see slide 28 added, where Wade Dubliewicz changes his mind about leaving for a team in Russia and is named head coach. Backup goaltender for the Fishies is obviously the fast track to a management position.

In my quest for fair and honest reporting, I'm going to put together my own story about the not-quite-as-hysterical management of the Rangers by one Glen Sather. It's too late now, but trust me, I've got ammunition in abundance. It's not as amazing as the Stupid-Landers' 25 years of jocularity, but it matters more because he's doing it to the New York Rangers.

The good news is, Sather is getting old and will retire, hopefully soon. Wang and Snow are young, and probably have another 25 years of lunacy ahead of them.

Sandra

Great article on SI.com about the Circus-Landers. You just can't make this stuff up:

Denis Potvin - Islander Follies - Photos - SI.com

I guess you did take my advice. I recommended this article to you, and it clicked.

We're talking about a franchise with a long history of crooks (Spanos and Kumar) as owners.

I remember Spano (no s, BTW) being a crook and getting sentenced, but I never knew Kumar was. What did he do- get busted for going to White Castle with Harold?

And everybody that gets traded to the Joke-Landers weeps at the thought of playing for them... :D :D :D

A list that now includes a player you probably used to cheer and I always respected- Doug Weight.

10260.jpg

From a rugged an d respected leader of the mightry Oilers to the Moron-landers. How the mighty have fallen.

Totally hysterical. Pretty soon we'll see slide 28 added, where Wade Dubliewicz changes his mind about leaving for a team in Russia and is named head coach.

I think he's not THAT stupid. At least he'll be going to a team with stability.

In my quest for fair and honest reporting, I'm going to put together my own story about the not-quite-as-hysterical management of the Rangers by one Glen Sather. It's too late now, but trust me, I've got ammunition in abundance.

Are you referring to the 'Big Bucks' Rangers of Lindros, Bure, Messier coming-and-going, Theo Fleury, and a string of mediocre goalies after Richter and before the object of your lust and affection?

The good news is, Sather is getting old and will retire, hopefully soon. Wang and Snow are young, and probably have another 25 years of lunacy ahead of them.

At least Sather's place in history will be a positive one, with all his legendary achievements in Edmonton.

As for Snow... well, he'll always have those ginormous goalie pads.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)