Here is something I never thought I would say

Loosing a single game does not cost a coach his job. It's the entire body of work.

True statement, it's not the one loss that costs a coach his job, it's all of them. But we all know in actuality there is very often a single game that if a coach would have won, would have saved his job at least temporarily.

So, let's throw this out...if that is the case for Cooper in late 2000...

What Say You? Do you want Cooper to win and keep his job another year, or lose?

Sandra

True statement, it's not the one loss that costs a coach his job, it's all of them. But in actuality there is very often a single game that if a coach would have won, would have saved his job at least temporarily.

So, let's throtif that is the case for Cooper in late 2000...

What Say You? Do you want Cooper to win and keep his job another year, or lose?

Sandra

I'm confident the AD of tOSU wouldn't have kept Coop, even if he did win against South Carolina. It was his track record for loosing to Michigan that gave him the boot. :p

PS, I even rooted for them to win in the Outback Bowl that year! Gasp!!!! What a concept! ;)

:up:up:up:up :D

great comment, and by the way Thanks sandra for a light hearted thread, Things have been sticky in the sports forum lately ( I think everyone is on their period, both men and women :D)
What happened to your signature, buddy? :D :D :D

I'm confident the AD of tOSU wouldn't have kept Coop, even if he did win against South Carolina. It was his track record for loosing to Michigan that gave him the boot. :p

PS, I even rooted for them to win in the Outback Bowl that year! Gasp!!!! What a concept! ;)

Were you also confident the AD would give Cooper the boot after he lost to Michigan in 1999 and his record against them was 2-9-1? Hope not, because desite the fact that it's a pretty bad record, they did not give Cooper the boot. ;)

There is always a final straw that tips the cart over. Cooper's final straw was the Outback Bowl. Who knows, win that game and he may keep his job.

Sandra

Were you also confident the AD would give Cooper the boot after he lost to Michigan in 1999 and his record against them was 2-9-1? Hope not, because desite the fact that it's a pretty bad record, they did not give Cooper the boot. ;)

There is always a final straw that tips the cart over. Cooper's final straw was the Outback Bowl. Who knows, win that game and he may keep his job.

Sandra

I know tanking games to help you get what you want is par for NY (cough, Knickerbockers, cough), but I like to root for my team to put a "W" on the board no matter what the circumstance is. ;) :D :p

I know tanking games to help you get what you want is par for NY (cough, Knickerbockers, cough), but I like to root for my team to put a "W" on the board no matter what the circumstance is. ;) :D :p

Again with the deflection...:rolleyes:

There is a very real possibility that game was the last straw and cost Cooper his job.

Sandra

Even when it would help to get the 1st pick in the NFL Draft ?

Oh wait, you've had plenty of top 5 picks already, what have you done with them ?

:D:D:D

OMFG!!!!!!!!!! Good one. Well they are probably waiting for the mighty Quinn to learn how to be a NFL QB, might take ten years or so.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)