Heres a question about the Directv Receivers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

urnote96

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 24, 2004
If directv wanted to make all the receivers just about the same, than why would you change the power cord on the HR20 and not make it the same as the d11, r15, and h20..

Just a observation, as it hard sometimes to get behind peoples stuff.....oh well

I have never figured out why all of the CES companies just don't adopt the same design of cord/plug that PC makers use. I guess it would just be too easy, smart and convenient to end users. I HATE power cords hard-wired in the rear of the unit.

Because the HR20 is still not made by Directv, or designed as such like the d10-11 r-15, and h20 are... it is like when they switched to directv brand originally. They are still made by the tivo manufacturer and as such have a tivo power cord.

Nothing is MADE by DirecTV it is all contracted out based on their designs or agreed to designs; they can control or dictate what the setup is and surely have final say over it as well.

None if which out of DirecTV's control, answers my original question; why can't they just all (including TiVo) just use the same standard? It would likely cost the less money in the long run.

Because the HR20 is still not made by Directv, or designed as such like the d10-11 r-15, and h20 are... it is like when they switched to directv brand originally. They are still made by the tivo manufacturer and as such have a tivo power cord.

The new HR 20-700 has nothing to do with TIVO.
I'm not sure who made the HR10-250 TIVO unit (I don't remember) but it was TIVO branded.
The HR20-700 is made by PACE
As Charper said, none of the receiver are actually made by D*, but they have the rights to the design.

Jimbo

The new HR 20-700 has nothing to do with TIVO.
I'm not sure who made the HR10-250 TIVO unit (I don't remember) but it was TIVO branded.
The HR20-700 is made by PACE
As Charper said, none of the receiver are actually made by D*, but they have the rights to the design.

Jimbo

I know... what I am saying is of the Specifically designed to be Directv Brand receivers. If you look at the HR 20s they are still the same look and design of the Tivo, even without the name. Kinda like the difference between the Directv dvrs that came int he orange box and the R15s.

Right, I see what the OP is saying.

I have had D-11s and now have R15s from three manufacturers. They have interchangeable power cords, all with each other.

Unlike the others, the HR20 does not have a third conductor on its power cord--no ground connection. Seems strange to me too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Help-HD receiver and HR15

how to install Bose 321

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)