Help-HD receiver and HR15

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

on2wheels

Original poster
Nov 11, 2006
I have a stand alone RCA (Directv) DCC210 HD receiver with no DVR. Rather than upgrading to an all new HR20 to get DVR, is there a way I can use the standard HR15 to record and then play through the HD set? Or somehow, use the HR15 with the HD receiver and TV set? I don't care whether the DVR records HD or not and I don't mind some switching back and forth between equipment or sources. I would just like to have the DVR and be able play it back through the same TV set even if it is standard TV. I don't get much HD anyway! Is it is possible? I now have the HD receiver connected directly to the HD TV by component and the audio through an audio receiver.

Or would I have to do a complete install of both receivers and then somehow switch them back and forth?

That said, I could use the HR15 on another tv in another room, but then how could I then playback on the HD widescreen?

(fairly electronically challanged.)

Thanks
on2wheels

(also posted on our HD forum)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)