Here's a wierd 622 event

HDRoberts

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 13, 2008
Cleveland, OH
I have a timer for Smallville on the local OTA CW network. Tonight I also set an "auto tune" timer for the Browns game on NFL Network (as I want to watch it live, but am not interested in recording it). Both started at 7:59

So at 7:59, the channel automatically chnges and the record light comes on. But looking at the screen, I notice the top banner it says "Smallville" on 55-01. So I check, and it is indeed recording NFL network, but thinking it is the OTA 55-01. I stopped the recording and manually started one on 55-01 to avoid missing anything. But why the heck did that happen?

I think it's being a weird day. I had set to record Penn State Volleyball game today on BTN HD while watching an old NASCAR race on ESPN Classic. One tuner showed recorded the Volleyball game, the other switched to the volleyball game as well. I had to reboot the receiver 3 times to get it to tell me it was recording on both tuners before I could get the 622 to work right

If I understand this you were recording on the off air Hd ,and another timer for NFL net work on one of the tuners. You can record OTA and TV1 tuner and TV2 tuner all at once .You have 3 tuners when you hook up the OTA Tuner to an HD antenna. You can triple record on the 622 and 722 with the OTA antenna hooked up.

If I understand this you were recording on the off air Hd ,and another timer for NFL net work on one of the tuners. You can record OTA and TV1 tuner and TV2 tuner all at once .You have 3 tuners when you hook up the OTA Tuner to an HD antenna. You can triple record on the 622 and 722 with the OTA antenna hooked up.

Did you even bother to read the original post?

Yes, yes, I'm quite aware of that. I was recording Smallville OTA and wanted to watch the game on the TV1 sat tuner (with a auto tune so I didn't forget while watching other DVR events). But for some odd reason, it started to record the football game, thinking it was the OTA channel. I was just curious if anone else ever had this issue.

Don't know about Cleveland, but here in Denver the game was broadcast on our local CW.
Could be why you were seeing the game instead of Smallville.

Don't know about Cleveland, but here in Denver the game was broadcast on our local CW.
Could be why you were seeing the game instead of Smallville.

Nope, was on My Network TV here, Ch 43. CW is 55. Like I said, I was able to catch it and force it to record the right think. I just want to know why it started to record the auto tune event instead of the timer event.