Here's one for you.

Slamminc11

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Jan 28, 2005
So, I set my 625 to record Build it Bigger this evening and it started just fine. Then after 10-12 minutes, the recording stopped and a screen comes up saying, "Due to the features on you TV, this event is not available to view in HD format". I get the same message on my second tv that is also hooked into the 625. Here is the kicker. My roommate, who also has a 625 hooked up to her tv and has the same feed off the same Dish, is receiving the channel just fine without said message. All my other channels come in just fine without a problem.
So, the question is: Why would the feed change from SD to HD in the middle of the show (on channel 182 ind you) and why would it only affect one of the two receivers in the house while all tv's are SD tv's?

i notes my 622 some times skips recordings for few minutes on some recording in good days

That's fine, but I don't have a 622 receiver and it wasn't skipping recordings. It was a 625 receiver and I stopped the recording because all the channel was showing after 15 of recording the show was a slate.

The only thing I can figure is that the first 15 minutes of Building it Bigger airing tonite was recorded in SD and then the last 45 minutes was recorded in HD because the channel works just fine now without any problem. The first 15 minutes of the show was interesting, to bad I couldn't get the last 3/4 of it. Maybe I will try recording the rerun of it later tonite and see if it works this time.
Someone else on the other board said that they had the same problem with BBC America this week as well.

My inlaws got that same message tonight when they were watching a local SD channel. I had no idea what was going on so I just advised to perform a receiver reset and it cleared it right up. When they went back the channel came up fine and acted as if nothing happened. This was just a 625 receiver, not HD. Very odd.