Here's something more current: "Dish is begging authorities for help with T-Mobile’s CDMA shutdown looming"

Yeah, dish trying to run a cell phone company is almost as comical as AT&T trying to run a tv company.
Even though, you are so right, being a d¡sh customer I've been hoping we will eventually be able to get halfway decent 5G service at a reduced price? That is if Charlie can get back what he "loaned" to T-Mobe after the last big hurricane down South to bolster their system, which wasn't needed.

They can't be any worse than T-Mobile at the turn of the century. For years Charlie has been buying up a lot of the frequencies that are needed to become the new 5G with the money we've been paying for sat service. So the next time you see a T-M commercial touting "their" new best 5G network, that is what Charlie's been sucking up at all the auctions.

How about those folks that can't afford a new phone in today's economy?
There are plenty if lower cost alternatives using modern technology.
I would feel sorry for Charlie, except for the fact his whole model was based on gobbling up bandwith and not spending any money on infrastructure. He always intended to partner up with an established player and use his bandwith as a carrot to build his network.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
There are plenty if lower cost alternatives using modern technology.
I would feel sorry for Charlie, except for the fact his whole model was based on gobbling up bandwith and not spending any money on infrastructure. He always intended to partner up with an established player and use his bandwith as a carrot to build his network.
What are all these "lower cost alternatives"? You do know there's a chip shortage impacting phone inventories, don't you?

I guess all those tower and equipment contracts Dish has been signing don't count...

Reactions: charlesrshell
Where do you think the majority of the chip production shortage is occurring?

What they usually do is give the customer a selection of phones to chose from...probably refurbished 4g phones already in stock..really not that many 3g phones still out there...but wait..charlie would never do that..would cost him money to buy upgraded phones..guess he will just be sol

What they usually do is give the customer a selection of phones to chose from...probably refurbished 4g phones already in stock..really not that many 3g phones still out there...but wait..charlie would never do that..would cost him money to buy upgraded phones..guess he will just be sol
Don't look now, but your bias is showing...

Reactions: Cheddar_Head
What are all these "lower cost alternatives"? You do know there's a chip shortage impacting phone inventories, don't you?

I guess all those tower and equipment contracts Dish has been signing don't count...
Someone with Boost could switch to Metro or Cricket for the same price. And they might even get a free phone in the process (there are always deals out there for switching carriers), or at least roll the phone into the bill if they want an expensive one. I'm paying $105 /month for Metro with unlimited data (actually 20gb per phone). And $5 of that is because my wife has access to Canada on her phone due to her still having relatives living there. Boost isn't the only prepaid out there. Shame on Boost signing people up with phones using old tech.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts