Heroes and Icons joins NBC in the Lafayette Louisiana Market July 1.

localclassictvfan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 26, 2015
Lafayette, Louisiana
It's official Heroes and Icons joins NBC as the new Lafayette Channels July 1. KDCG 22 will launch Weigel Broadcasting's newest station on its .1 and on KLWB'S 50.2. Antenna TV fans will see the broadcast on 50.3. So looks like some changes coming to my neck of the woods in 20 Days. This will be weigh L'Amour second channel on 50 as Me TV has been a mainstay since 2011. I asked if Movies and Decades will follow through the guy said not to my knowledge but something may come on by October or January.

One note is decades and movies are partially owned by weigel.

Me and h&I are wholly owned by weigel so that might be why they can add it easier

Oh you must mean the two words that pretty much may hurt us from getting certain diginets "Joint Venture". .KPXJ out of Shreveport Launched Movies less or at a year after Weigel came out with the diginet (yes the joint venture with fox and mntv o&o). KTBS owns KPXJ (Wray Family) Just wondering. Another station that picked up the Joint Ventures with the big Networks is KRDK (Laff, Decades, Movies!)

One note is decades and movies are partially owned by weigel.

Me and h&I are wholly owned by weigel so that might be why they can add it easier
You think Antenna moving to KXKW with ThisTV would have been alot simpler since both are owned by Tribune. They had Souled Out of The South on 32 already, just saying

You think Antenna moving to KXKW with ThisTV would have been alot simpler since both are owned by Tribune.
While Tribune owns both of them the stations in question in your market are not owned by Tribune. Also in this case (looking at the info) both 22 & 32 are low powered whereas 50 is not. 50 is full power so if I was the owner I'd want as much eyeballs to see the stations as possible.
22 & 32 look like they cover Lafayette proper (when I say that I mean indoor antenna or small outdoor one)
50 covers a huge chunk

This is the same reason why Nextar is going to subchannel NBC along with the low powered station

While Tribune owns both of them the stations in question in your market are not owned by Tribune. Also in this case (looking at the info) both 22 & 32 are low powered whereas 50 is not. 50 is full power so if I was the owner I'd want as much eyeballs to see the stations as possible.
22 & 32 look like they cover Lafayette proper (when I say that I mean indoor antenna or small outdoor one)
50 covers a huge chunk

This is the same reason why Nextar is going to subchannel NBC along with the low powered station
all i know is 22 is a low power and 32 is a translator and 50 is the full power. 32 did have two channels for about a year but the SSN was both on 32 and 50. At one time they wanted to cut This and keep Soul of the South (SSN) thankfully that did not go as planned. BTW Weigel told me they were launching on KDCG, Delta Media still wont say the diginet replacing Antenna still.

FYI....translator stations have numbers in their call sign. as example the fox station near me is a translator. K48if-d

Both 22 and 32 are low powered stations.

Stations with numbers in their call signs are not necessarily translators. They can be translators, LPTV (originating programming) or even Class A LPTV. Moreover, stations with alpha call signs do not necessarily originate programming; they can be translators. Station KPSN-LD in Payson AZ is one such example.

Stations with numbers in their call signs are not necessarily translators. They can be translators, LPTV (originating programming) or even Class A LPTV.
sorry but you're wrong. Class A stations have a callsign and have specific rules. "Class A status provides for protected channel status and Class A stations are required to produce two hours per week of local programming, maintain a production studio within their Grade B contour, and comply with many of the requirements placed on full-service television stations."

Moreover, stations with alpha call signs do not necessarily originate programming; they can be translators. Station KPSN-LD in Payson AZ is one such example.
never said they couldn't. That isnt part of the discussion. Plenty of stations out there that are satellite stations. I get CBS via KCCW which is a satellite station of WCCO MInneapolis :)

sorry but you're wrong. Class A stations have a callsign and have specific rules. "Class A status provides for protected channel status and Class A stations are required to produce two hours per week of local programming, maintain a production studio within their Grade B contour, and comply with many of the requirements placed on full-service television stations."

I think we're talking about two separate issues here. Class A stations have specific rules in order to have their special status: must originate locally-produced programming - I think it's three hours of local programming, rather than two - must meet standards for children's programming and must file the required reports that a full-power station must file, but an alpha call sign is not one of those rules. Even your quote never mentions call sign. Station K18DD-D in Camp Verde AZ was a Class A station until last November and lost their Class A status, not because they had a numeric call sign, but because they failed to timely file the proper children's television programming reports. Stations K25AL, K27EC-D and K36DU in Lake Havasu City AZ also used to be Class A stations - they have always had numeric call signs.

I was merely answering your contention that KXKW was a low power station and not a translator. While calling KXKW a low power station is true in the technical sense, i.e., it is limited to a maximum power level of 15 kW as a UHF station, it is not true for its license. KXKW has a translator license, so localclassictvfan was absolutely correct. Look it up. Technically, a station with a translator license is not supposed to originate programming, a station with a low power license can originate programming, but is not required to, and a station with a Class A license must originate locally-produced programming. I don't know to what extent the FCC actually enforces those differences, except for the Class A station, which is required to report on programming.

Dave

dhett is correct, Class A stations can have alpha-numeric call signs. For example, K33LN-D in Minneapolis is a Class A station.

- Trip

Hello Everyone, I write in this forum about my concerns about Heroes and Icons bring to Portland OR, but I do not hear from Portland TV Marketing Affiliates. In addition, I do hope that Decades TV, Heroes&Icons TV, Buzzr, and others to our Portland, OR in any developing news? Let me know! Thumb Up! Smile! David...

Hello Everyone, I write in this forum about my concerns about Heroes and Icons bring to Portland OR, but I do not hear from Portland TV Marketing Affiliates. In addition, I do hope that Decades TV, Heroes&Icons TV, Buzzr, and others to our Portland, OR in any developing news? Let me know! Thumb Up! Smile! David...
Rather than posting here WRITE each of your local broadcasters with your request. The local broadcaster is the one who has to create the channel and contract for broadcasting. How many OR. based programmers are reading an internet forum?

Rather than posting here WRITE each of your local broadcasters with your request. The local broadcaster is the one who has to create the channel and contract for broadcasting. How many OR. based programmers are reading an internet forum?

The best way to get info out is Wikipedia search every station in your market then write the owners of the tv station (i.e. Sinclair, Gannett) or call/emailed. If a station is owned by a local media group, get with them

Finally got in contact with Delta Media's owner and this is what i was emailed.
Heroes and Icons will launch on KCDG 22.1 and KLWB 50.2, KXKW 32.1 This TV will be joined by Tribune sister station Antenna TV on 32.2. H&I will launch on KBCA 41.3 replacing Soul of the South.
Well so much for what people know. I then asked if more diginets are coming well he said check back before the 3rd...

Oh and here is the newest to the NBC family.

Attachments

• download (24).jpg
    download (24).jpg
    4 KB · Views: 158
Well Heroes and Icons launched but the rest baffles me to the other side of the world. Antenna hasnt launched on 32.2 and it gets better this is 22.1 and 32.1, H&I launched on 22.2 and 50.2. The NBC and MNT on Fox 15 went fine without any issues. There was no mentioned of Antenna being dropped unless its getting picked up by KLFY. Some unhappy Antenna Fans in Lafayette.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts