He's rich - Ergin made Forbes 400 list

skysurfer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 1, 2006
I just received my Forbes 400 Richest People in America issue today.

Charlie Ergin, #35 on the list of 400 - $8.1 Billion estimated worth as of the end of August when Forbes computed their figures.

Most of that is probably made up Dish/Echosar stock, not liquid assets. Some of you act like he actually has 8 billion sitting in a bank (or under his mattress) somewhere that can instantly use to buy new sats, recievers, and FCC licenses. Its not that easy.

This just goes to show that Charlie is a smart buisness man. Did Malone make the list?

Great for him.

He has made a lot of money for both himself and a lot of other people - that's what the American economic system is all about.

You sit on your ass and take crumbs from the government and you never get anywhere unless you use some fat cat to drag you along.

It pisses me royally to hear politicians gripe and denigrate the rich.

Did you ever get a job from a poor person?

I know I'll never be a billionaire, but I don't begrudge them of what they've got.

All that money they have is not in a vault somewhere like Scrooge McDucks money - it's out in the nation creating jobs and products for the rest of us.

MORE POWER TO THEM!!!

Great for him.

He has made a lot of money for both himself and a lot of other people - that's what the American economic system is all about.

You sit on your ass and take crumbs from the government and you never get anywhere unless you use some fat cat to drag you along.

It pisses me royally to hear politicians gripe and denigrate the rich.

Did you ever get a job from a poor person?

I know I'll never be a billionaire, but I don't begrudge them of what they've got.

All that money they have is not in a vault somewhere like Scrooge McDucks money - it's out in the nation creating jobs and products for the rest of us.

MORE POWER TO THEM!!!

You'll be sorry you posted this: makes too much sense. :)

Admittedly, this is true in theory and in many, if not most, cases the theory applies (IMO). There are exceptions, of course (did he inherit the money, is there full information). But in general I am of like mind.

But live by the sword, die by the sword and Charlie has apparently not been giving as many people (including me) what they want as in past years. So they may continue to leave and the consequence will be a slightly poorer Charlie. Hope he gets the signal.

A billion here, a billion there, soon enough you're talking about real money.

He's come a long way from selling BUDs out of the back of a pickup truck. He's earned it, and my respect. He can't please everyone, and would probably be better off without some of the folks here who think they're owed a free ride.

Most of that is probably made up Dish/Echosar stock, not liquid assets.

This just goes to show that Charlie is a smart buisness man. Did Malone make the list?

John Malone made it... #188 with a estimated net worth of $2.4B.

Ergen - all it says about sources of his wealth are "DISH Network (DISH), self made".

so I'm guessing most of his worth is the stock in DISH and SATS and that none -- or nothing significant -- was inherited wealth. Who knows the value of his primary residence, his UT vacation house, his ski vacation house, his beach house, etc. adds to his net worth. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)