Hey D* you signed the agreement, where is my pbs hd at?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
And this might be part of the hold-up. Keep in mind that PBS stations are often funded through on-air drives. Some states have state-wide PBS systems that raise funds centrally. I believe in some states that is not the case. Carriage means funding for these stations, so they are more protective than local network stations.

I am fortunate in that there are multiple PBS stations available OTA. But blaming DirecTV for this confusion alone is not appropriate. You think DMA maps are confusing? Figure out which PBS station covers every house in the US.

Aside from the sheer number of options, would it make more sense then to simply do LIL for PBS just like the other net's?

It might not be as confusing as one would think, here in Chicago, WTTW would be the main PBS station, and the others wouldn't have their HD stations put up. Actually not that I think about it WTTW is the only one showing real hd on their hd channel anyhow.

Aside from the sheer number of options, would it make more sense then to simply do LIL for PBS just like the other net's?

That's the point: in some areas there are 4 different PBS stations in each market. Do you expect DirecTV to give bandwidth to four different stations?

As far as I can tell we aren't on the radar to get the CW or PBS in HD from D* anytime soon. I can get the CWHD with my antenna. But PBSHD is much more sketchy with my antenna.

I totally agree..I mean I get every channel locally with a small terk antenna except PBS HD and I am in Archdale. It is the only channel I do not get. Get all the weather and sub channels 2! thanks for the heads up. was hoping for it by the end of the year, but it is no big deal. really want ESPNU HD!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)