Hey Dish!!!! Fix the aspect ratio for Fuel!!!!!

The first UFC fight night on Fuel is tonight. Should be a good fight card to watch.........in SD!!! I guess well have to keep track of the round times on a stop watch since we can only partially see the round times due to the stretched picture. Oh well, maybe someday Dish will get with the program.

HD would be nice but the only thing I will probably ever watch on Fuel is the occasional live UFC event. I guess I would be ok with SD if they could at least get the aspect ratio right. I had people over to watch the 2nd Fox event a couple weeks ago and we watched the prelims on Fuel. It was pretty lame to have to explain to people why they couldn't see what round it was and how much time was left.

7 pages & no one suggested that the original problem may have been caused by the user double stretching.

I couldn't tell you how many times I've had to correct this for people who forget that you can stretch the image on more than one device. Not to mention if the provider has already stretched it before delivery. This is usually caused by people who just can't stand to see the black bars on the sides of a 4:3 program (they like everyone to be short & fat, and wheels to not be round), so they stretch it to fit. Then when they tune to a channel where the pic would've fit without any stretching, stuff gets cut off.

There are 3 places the image can be stretched, Provider, STB, and TV. If it's stretched in any 2 of the 3... stuff's gonna get cut off.

It's obvious that the whole picture was available, or the member who posted the snap shot couldn't have seen the clock.

Cheers

Yeah, this thread veered off from that a long time ago. Maybe I should start a we want Fuel TV HD thread so we can kill this one.

Anony55 said:
7 pages & no one suggested that the original problem may have been caused by the user double stretching.

I couldn't tell you how many times I've had to correct this for people who forget that you can stretch the image on more than one device. Not to mention if the provider has already stretched it before delivery. This is usually caused by people who just can't stand to see the black bars on the sides of a 4:3 program (they like everyone to be short & fat, and wheels to not be round), so they stretch it to fit. Then when they tune to a channel where the pic would've fit without any stretching, stuff gets cut off.

There are 3 places the image can be stretched, Provider, STB, and TV. If it's stretched in any 2 of the 3... stuff's gonna get cut off.

It's obvious that the whole picture was available, or the member who posted the snap shot couldn't have seen the clock.

Cheers

Actually that's not the case. That snap shot was taken from a replay of the fox main event. The fights aired live on fuel are the ones that are messed up.

After that post myself and others including a DIRT member said that the live events on fuel have the ends chopped off. It happened on more than one live event on fuel and yes the clock is cut off. We have checked our stretch settings and multiple people are reporting this.

Well it appears Dish (or Fuel) has finally fixed the aspect ratio problem on Fuel TV. I'm just now getting around to watching UFC Tonight and it looks much better. Well for SD anyway. It has the black bars at the top and bottom now. So I guess they were just stretching the SD picture to fill the screen because they weren't there before. I'm glad they realized that the customer would prefer to have that option if they want it stretched (I don't). :)

We are 2 more that really need Fuel in HD. And, we will definitely switch to Direct if they don't go HD for motocross next year. Riders have 12" high numbers on their backs, and you can't read the number! It isn't just SD, it's very very bad SD.

Thanks, Boni and Bill in Sunny Southwest Arizona

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)