Hey Pub Members...

Well gee whiz,

Someone thinks that Scott is wrong for wanting to ask for a little DONATION for a supporters section of the site, then he is within his right to do so.

It is NOT mandatory.

It is Voluntary.

This is redundant. :(

It is HIS SITE. HIS CREATION, HIS SWEAT, and HIS MONEY that went into conceiving and launching this site. :typing:

:evil: I guess that means that no one should donate to PBS either. Let it go belly up from lack of funding and who cares about quaility content anyway, right?

HBO, STARZ, and Showtime should stop having FREE-VIEW WEEKENDS for non-subbers and make all their programming free to viewers.

:!: :arrow: Just allow advertisers to move in and put their ads everywhere just like on networks and all of the rest of the world wide billboard. Oops. i meant web.

:frowning: Scott can then accept solicitations from companies wanting to put an ad on every page that you click on, have countless pop-up ads, and more than a single banner ad on a page.

He would no longer have to worry about whether he will have to get a second job to pay for the bandwidth that each one of us uses every day even while he is sleeping.

[Stepping off from the soapbox] :rolleyes:

Now with all that said... Scott does a bang-up job :hammer: running this site and I for one am glad that it is here.

I am wet behind the ears when it comes to LNB's, KU band, and magnetic deviation, but I am leaning fast all because this site and some of its members are among the very few that actually care to inform.

:thumbsup: CUDO's Scott! :headbang:

Again as I said earlier, the information I posted to the pub area is a work in progress and will be posted for ALL on Friday. :)

Giving the pub members a sneek peek of the work in progress is my way of saying thank you for supporting the site.

I often post some news or information there first which I have not confirmed or which is something I am working on.

Almost everything I have posted in the pub has been made public by me after finishing my reporting, I am not holding things back. Again the pub members are seeing a work in progress. :)

The Pub Members know that I work for the news I bring to this site, I don't wait for someone else to post it and then post the information here, I like to break the news first. I take pride in breaking the news first. :) This is why I get upset sometimes when I break news and then other sites report on my news and make it seem they broke the news.

Again I will say, if you want to support the site to support the cost of running the site, then please do. If you want to send a donation just to see the information in the pub (which again will be made available to everyone when I am done) then I would rather you spend your money elsewhere.

Thanks everyone and happy Thanksgiving!

I agree. A one day wait as long as it is ONLY one day is aceptable.

Web Sites cost lots of $$$$ with bandwidth and all.

I will tune in Friday.

Give em a break. This site costs a lot of $$$$.
Some of you complaining may have never seen an ISP comercial site bill. If you have not then you have no right to even complain.

Wait a day or donate.

Its nice for people that make donations to have some type of benefit as a thanks for doing so. I dont think that is a wrong thing to do, but no matter what it pertains to, there is always going to be someone against it.

Sure is a pleasure to log in and see all the posts supporting Scott and his site. I guess this site didn't exist some months ago? Anyway, I've gravitated here in past months to lurk as I (like many others, and for well over a year) anxiously await the 921. I lurk because I don't want to waste much bandwidth for the rest of you fine people, and someone will soon answer most questions I have even if I don't ask them. I lurk here because of Scott. Seems like any forum I look at, most of the really interesting tidbits trace back to Scott anyway. I tried to be a supporter, but I can't remember my PayPal password. The hints I left with PayPal (like name of a pet) are useless. What was I thinking? I and my kids have dozens of pets: cattle, donkeys, geese, ducks, chickens, one lone last mini-pig, cats, dogs and other miscellaneous ones. I don't like PayPal, and wish I'd never signed up, so I'm reluctant to generate a second account. Maybe there's another way to support (preferably by buying a 921 REAL SOON).

Anyway, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that Scott has a 921. I hope tomorrow he posts some hands-on stuff about that. Better yet, the holy grail of posts, upcoming allotments of 921s to satisfy his waiting list - installed before X-mas! Or a phone call from Scott himself that one can me mine! Now I've got to mop up the druel from my keyboard.

Yeah Scott, Please pay for out of your own pocket a site that we visit frequently and then let us complain about it to you.

Anyone who can get upset when they aren't paying a dime needs to get a checkup from the neckup.

Any complaint that includes the word "sucks" cannot be taken seriously. If you're choosing words that make you sound like as 12 year old, they're not going to have much impact.

Excuses, Excuses, Excuses!

n1wbd said "...I personally cannot afford to donate as I am on a fixed income..."

Bob, THAT is the lamest, most overused excuse I have ever heard. You manage to have a ton of Ham gear, an ISP, a computer and DBS on a "fixed" income. Quit using that as an excuse like it's a "broken leg". If you really want to donate, then spring for a couple bucks and quit whining about your "fixed income" dilemma. You get no sympathy from me.

FYI, I'm on a "fixed income", too. SS, retirement and a few paltry investments that aren't feeling so well of late. That hasn't prevented me from supporting Scott's efforts in the past, and I will again in the future. I just manage my money a little wiser than most. Others here are on a "reduced income" due to their employment situation.

Bill R, your post is disgusting. If you want to see the "secret" information right now, then pony up, but don't try to lay a guilt trip on people. Otherwise, just wait like the rest of us who haven't contributed - yet.

"The ability to delay self-gratification is a sign of maturity."

bbriggs said "I tried to be a supporter, but I can't remember my PayPal password..."

b, I bet if PayPal had lottery winnings waiting for you, you wouldn't have any problem finding your password. Another lame excuse.

For all of you who only donated just to find out the "secret" information, thanks a bunch, but you really need to reexamine your motives. If the help you get from this site is of value to you, then THAT should be the reason you contribute, not just for your own "instant self-gratification".

:rolleyes:

Bottom Line: If this site has earned your support, it deserves your support. Excuses don't pay the bills.

Right on, Nick, right on!!! With the exception of SS, I'm right with ya.....

Bobby C

Nick said:
Excuses, Excuses, Excuses!

n1wbd"...I personally cannot afford to donate as I am on a fixed income..."

Bob, THAT is the lamest, most overused excuse I have ever heard. You manage to have a ton of Ham gear, an ISP, a computer and DBS on a "fixed" income. Quit using that as an excuse like it's a "broken leg". If you really want to donate, then spring for a couple bucks and quit whining about your "fixed income" dilemma. You get no sympathy from me.

FYI, I'm on a "fixed income", too. SS, retirement and a few paltry investments that aren't feeling so well of late. That hasn't prevented me from supporting Scott's efforts in the past, and I will again in the future. I just manage my money a little wiser than most. Others here are on a "reduced income" due to their employment situation.

Bill R, your post is disgusting. If you want to see the "secret" information right now, then pony up, but don't try to lay a guilt trip on people. Otherwise, just wait like the rest of us who haven't contributed - yet.

"The ability to delay self-gratification is a sign of maturity."

bbriggs "I tried to be a supporter, but I can't remember my PayPal password..."

b, I bet if PayPal had lottery winnings waiting for you, you wouldn't have any problem finding your password. Another lame excuse.

For all of you who only donated just to find out the "secret" information, thanks a bunch, but you really need to reexamine your motives. If the help you get from this site is of value to you, then THAT should be the reason you contribute, not just for your own "instant self-gratification".

:rolleyes:

Bottom Line: If this site has earned your support, it deserves your support. Excuses don't pay the bills.

I agree with Nick also.

I have been a paid member at The Spot for a long time. The return on that investment is unmeasurable.

The info here can make a big difference as well. If you are considering investing a large sum of money in equipment (921 comes to mind) you need to be well informed about it. You wouldn't make an investment, in a car for example, without first checking it out and you shouldn't.

I've been involved in these types of forums for years and I believe Scott's to be one of the best. If the info here helps to keep you from making a bad purchase or incorrectly installing a piece of equipment, then it has been your best investment.

Supporting a source that helps to keep you informed is not about "paying for the peek" it is about supporting that source and saying thanks for looking out for us.

Thanks Scott,
Larry

Well said, lapplegate.

To quote a well-known French Police Inspector, "Does your dog bite?"

Nick said:
Well said, lapplegate.

To quote a well-known French Police Inspector, "Does your dog bite?"

lol...that brought back memories....the continuation of that scene from the Pink Panther is classic....

Thanks again for all the kind words and support.

After a morning of shopping for the kids (my wife MADE ME get up and go shopping at 4:30 this morning argg!) I have just been called into work for a downed server.

I do hope to have my review up later today. I am hoping this server outtage at work is just a case of a reboot being needed. :)

Sorry to have offended you, Nick. Like I said - I enjoy this site, in large part because of Scott, and I do plan to support the site to at least in part pay back. You've not disuaded me on that, but a million bucks in PayPal won't jog my memory for my password. Still, it was a waste of bandwidth to post at all - a lesson learned. I'll keep my posts to a mimimum so I don't get called 'lame' too much.

bbriggs said:
Sorry to have offended you, Nick. Like I said - I enjoy this site, in large part because of Scott, and I do plan to support the site to at least in part pay back. You've not disuaded me on that, but a million bucks in PayPal won't jog my memory for my password. Still, it was a waste of bandwidth to post at all - a lesson learned. I'll keep my posts to a mimimum so I don't get called 'lame' too much.
b, you didn't offend me at all, far from it. I just saw a pattern of excuses developing in this thread and thought I would hose it down. Please be assured I didn't refer to you as "lame". I was referring to the "excuse".. ;)

We're happy to have you here and I would not want you to curtail your posting because of what I said. This is a give 'n take place and I get jumped on plenty, both here and at the other place. Take my remarks with a grain of salt - which is just about what they are worth.

Welcome to the fray! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts