firetv sale for Amazon Prime members

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
So- do I

A. Keep both HWS. No need to teach SWMBO a new interface.
B. Turn in the MBR HWS and put in the dongle.
C. Or drink the H3 kool aide?

It's obvious.

D. Put that living room TV in your garage and buy a brand new beautiful 65" UHD TV. :D
Hotels have an available HDMI port and allow its use?

I've had no issues with locked HDMI ports. But last fall I was in Denver and found myself unable to log in with my Roku, because the GD hotel didn't lock their GD wireless, but rather set up some GD TOS agreement web page inaccessible from my Roku. :crying I could do nothing. Infuriating. :mad

Edited to add: Yes, I know how to get around that issue now. But at the time, I had a GD locked-down laptop and could add no software to it.

New TV after DV, HDR10+ super duper settles down. WCG intrigues me. But I know in another year the TVs will be better and cheaper.

I’d like 65+” preferable 70”, for about a thousand. Might go a bit higher.

I’d prefer to buy in a store than trust shipping. But would Costco sell really good ones, or stripped down models? MicroCenter? Or, shudder, Best Buy.

Reactions: TheKrell
Fire is okay but the interface is cluttered and the remote eats batteries. I have a fire stick and 2 Rokus, I'll stick with the latter from now on.

Hmmm. Looking at the 2017 Sammy 65” MU8000 for $1,090. Not gonna press the trigger.

But looking around, makers seem allergic to using standard terminology like “WCG” “DV” “HDR10+”. They prefer meaningless but “impressive” words like “triple black”. Marketing to the ignorant.

Reactions: TheKrell
What’s this business about Samsung sending ads to your TV? Is this while watching a program? See the 1 star comments on Amazon on the model in my previous post.

That works but I always disliked remotes on phones/tablets. I tend to prefer actual buttons I can feel for without looking at the phone every time I needed to press something.
I was specifically citing it based on your battery comment earlier. You don’t need to change batteries on your phone or tablet, simply recharge them.

It's obvious.

D. Put that living room TV in your garage and buy a brand new beautiful 65" UHD TV. :D

I've had no issues with locked HDMI ports. But last fall I was in Denver and found myself unable to log in with my Roku, because the GD hotel didn't lock their GD wireless, but rather set up some GD TOS agreement web page inaccessible from my Roku. :crying I could do nothing. Infuriating. :mad

Edited to add: Yes, I know how to get around that issue now. But at the time, I had a GD locked-down laptop and could add no software to it.
I got lucky on that. Pretty sure when I tried to connect, the Firestick opened a page to accept the Hotel Agreement

I noticed the battery thing, since November i changed batteries 3 times even though i don't use it much.

Huh. I've had the same batteries in my Fire TV Stick remote since November w/o issue.
I got lucky on that. Pretty sure when I tried to connect, the Firestick opened a page to accept the Hotel Agreement

Yes; I was not talking about the FireTV Stick, on which I have Firefox, but rather my Roku SE which has no browser.

Hmmm. Looking at the 2017 Sammy 65” MU8000 for $1,090. Not gonna press the trigger.

But looking around, makers seem allergic to using standard terminology like “WCG” “DV” “HDR10+”. They prefer meaningless but “impressive” words like “triple black”. Marketing to the ignorant.

None of the Samsung 2017 models have full array local dimming. A few of their 18 models will, just announced. My 10 year old Samsung Plasma just went and I ended up getting a Sony 65 inch 900e series at BB for $1500. No DV though and not upgradeable to DV, but that really isn't a problem for me. It's kind of the sweet spot between bottom feeding and the real expensive sets $3500 and up. To go to the 75 inch add a grand. It has full array dimming and the most stunning picture of any TV I have ever owned. I'm certainly no expert on TV's though. I do recall reading somewhere that you have to be careful to make sure the TV your considering offers true HDR. Also the bigger the TV the harder to get uniformity when they are edge lit. I read that some TV's are edge lit from the bottom which makes letterbox bars look really bad. Haven't seen it for myself. The models I've seen at BJ's are strippers comparatively. AVS Forum LCD TV sub forum offers a lot of TV info, too much probably. A lot of people like OLEDs but they are more money.

Reactions: navychop
I don’t see OLEDs as practical yet. In future years, but today- just for early adopters.

Reactions: HipKat
New TV after DV, HDR10+ super duper settles down. WCG intrigues me. But I know in another year the TVs will be better and cheaper.

I’d like 65+” preferable 70”, for about a thousand. Might go a bit higher.

I’d prefer to buy in a store than trust shipping. But would Costco sell really good ones, or stripped down models? MicroCenter? Or, shudder, Best Buy.
With your username are you eligible for AAFES? If yes check out your nearest exchange for a good price plus no sales taxes, they do add up on large purchases.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts