Joey 3 ?

ggw2000

ggw2000

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 20, 2004
Out here somewhere
I see that Dishdepot has a listing for a Joey 3? Didn't know that one existed. If so, how is it different from the Joey 2 when used with a Hopper 3?
Thanks, Gerry

O

odbrv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 21, 2004
Lubbock, Tx
I asked Dish about it. It is free but requires a Tech visit and a 24 month commitment. The CSR said they have to put some equipment at the Dish. I said forget it . I don't want an additional 2 year commitment. After a couple of pauses the commitment was waived. Could not get out of the Tech visit. But got it free. What remote comes with it ? I forgot to ask.

ggw2000

ggw2000

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 20, 2004
Out here somewhere
I asked Dish about it. It is free but requires a Tech visit and a 24 month commitment. The CSR said they have to put some equipment at the Dish. I said forget it . I don't want an additional 2 year commitment. After a couple of pauses the commitment was waived. Could not get out of the Tech visit. But got it free. What remote comes with it ? I forgot to ask.

Additional equipment? I don't know what you have but could you explain further?
Gerry

HipKat

HipKat

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 25, 2017
Pekin, IL
Additional equipment? I don't know what you have but could you explain further?
Gerry
Untrained CSR thinks Joey 3 needs Hybrid? Or is the OP updating to a Hopper 3, also. BTW, Joey 3's are scarce and we often sub in Joey 2's, so make sure your tech knows you specifically want Joey 3's

O

odbrv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 21, 2004
Lubbock, Tx
Thanks all! The install went smoothly and the Joey 3 is fast compared to the 2. Its on my wife's tv and she prefers the 40 remote. I am playing with the 54 remote on the hopper 3. It recognized my voice without training. I find the voice activated search options are better that what I had on the 52.

Reactions: pattykay and DWS44
S

sklunk

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 3, 2017
PA
Search the forums -- there are a couple other threads on this with more info.
If you currently have a Hopper3 with Joey 2's I don't think you need any additional equipment -- you just swap the 2's out for 3's.
I'm sure somebody will correct me if I am wrong :biggrin

E

ekilgus

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 22, 2007
Southeast US
Joey3 specs indicate complete backwards compatibility. I take this to mean it is a simple swap so I don't know the purpose of a tech visit.

O

odbrv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 21, 2004
Lubbock, Tx
My Tech agreed that it should be a direct swap and easy for a customer to do. However, on the Dish CSR screens it calls for a tech visit. Another Dish revenue generator ploy, I guess!

navychop

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Dish would lose money on that truck roll.