Joey 3 ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ggw2000

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2004
Out here somewhere
I see that Dishdepot has a listing for a Joey 3? Didn't know that one existed. If so, how is it different from the Joey 2 when used with a Hopper 3?
Thanks, Gerry

I asked Dish about it. It is free but requires a Tech visit and a 24 month commitment. The CSR said they have to put some equipment at the Dish. I said forget it . I don't want an additional 2 year commitment. After a couple of pauses the commitment was waived. Could not get out of the Tech visit. But got it free. What remote comes with it ? I forgot to ask.

I asked Dish about it. It is free but requires a Tech visit and a 24 month commitment. The CSR said they have to put some equipment at the Dish. I said forget it . I don't want an additional 2 year commitment. After a couple of pauses the commitment was waived. Could not get out of the Tech visit. But got it free. What remote comes with it ? I forgot to ask.

Additional equipment? I don't know what you have but could you explain further?
Gerry

Additional equipment? I don't know what you have but could you explain further?
Gerry
Untrained CSR thinks Joey 3 needs Hybrid? Or is the OP updating to a Hopper 3, also. BTW, Joey 3's are scarce and we often sub in Joey 2's, so make sure your tech knows you specifically want Joey 3's

Thanks all! The install went smoothly and the Joey 3 is fast compared to the 2. Its on my wife's tv and she prefers the 40 remote. I am playing with the 54 remote on the hopper 3. It recognized my voice without training. I find the voice activated search options are better that what I had on the 52.

Reactions: pattykay and DWS44
Search the forums -- there are a couple other threads on this with more info.
If you currently have a Hopper3 with Joey 2's I don't think you need any additional equipment -- you just swap the 2's out for 3's.
I'm sure somebody will correct me if I am wrong :biggrin

Joey3 specs indicate complete backwards compatibility. I take this to mean it is a simple swap so I don't know the purpose of a tech visit.

My Tech agreed that it should be a direct swap and easy for a customer to do. However, on the Dish CSR screens it calls for a tech visit. Another Dish revenue generator ploy, I guess!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts