Hey Scott ask E* at Ces When will we get SpeedHD

I sent a nice email requesting the channel. I politely suggested that they could consider replacing TBS-HD with Speed. :D

Funny that the would say that since Speed HD has already shown HD. I guess it's like the retail world where a store may have a soft opening before the grand opening.

I dont care for Nascar at all.. HOWEVER, I can't be a hypocrite... I did get NHL Network HD and i'm VERY happy about that. Hope you get your nascar.
I didn't watch NASCAR or football until they went HD. Now I have season tickets to New Hampshire International Speedway and watch at least one game/week. However, baseball in HD still doesn't do anything for me.

Last edited:
I didn't watch NASCAR or football until they went HD. Now I have season tickets to New Hampshire International Speedway and watch at least one game/week. However, baseball in HD still doesn't do anything for me.

I had to give up my NHIS tickets two years ago because I needed the money.

Went to the 2nd race last year (ebay) and still try to go to watch practice and qualifying.

The race I went to last year we were walking back to the car and a golf cart went flying by and almost hit my friend. There were about 20 people running after it. It was Dale Jr, he was not driving just holding on for the ride. I told my friend he should have jump in front. What a story to tell that Dale Jr ran you over at the races....

Now that he will have a car that will not blow up he will have a great year.

Yes, but he's driving a car that finished exactly 20 points ahead of the 8 car that kept blowing up. The 8 car was fantastic, just not durable. The 25 is mediocre, but is durable. The 25 (or 88 now) car is the last car in the HMS stable and has been since Ken Schrader stepped out of it. Junior should have demanded a seat in the 5 car before he signed with HMS. With the growing pains of moving to a new team plus the fact that Eury "I like to order left sides on the right" Jr. still on top of the box don't expect much, at least this year. If Junior went to the 5 with Gustafson on the box, you'd have an argument.

They are going up this year, the first one in Q2 of 2008. However remember that Dish has no control of when they go up, they are at the mercy of the launching companies.

The satellites are built and ready, Dish has done all they can do, now they just wait and hope there are no more launch mishaps that push things back further.

Yes, but he's driving a car that finished exactly 20 points ahead of the 8 car that kept blowing up. The 8 car was fantastic, just not durable. The 25 is mediocre, but is durable. The 25 (or 88 now) car is the last car in the HMS stable and has been since Ken Schrader stepped out of it. Junior should have demanded a seat in the 5 car before he signed with HMS. With the growing pains of moving to a new team plus the fact that Eury "I like to order left sides on the right" Jr. still on top of the box don't expect much, at least this year. If Junior went to the 5 with Gustafson on the box, you'd have an argument.

Jr will be one of the better drives that the 25 (now 88) has seen. Plus he will also be teamed up with the 48 in the shop. This can make him better.

Time will tell.....

They are going up this year, the first one in Q2 of 2008. However remember that Dish has no control of when they go up, they are at the mercy of the launching companies.

The satellites are built and ready, Dish has done all they can do, now they just wait and hope there are no more launch mishaps that push things back further.

Not in time for speed weeks :( It will be funny to watch the Dish Network car and commercials for Dish HD in good old SD.

Maybe in time for the all star race.

It will happen, and soon I am sure. Dish spends an awful lot of money promoting itself with race fans to let Speed HD get away for long. I must admit I am one of those that doesn't get why watching cars driving around on TV is interesting. In person it looks very exciting, and the NASCAR HD programming I have seen on FOX really does look good though.

What I REALLY don't get is why people listen to racing on Sirius satellite radio? Unless you are in attendance at the event, why would you listen to someone talking about cars driving around the track? Eh, each to his own I guess.

Actually listening to it on Sirius is more exciting then watching it on TV. They do a lot better job with a lot more energy then the tv announcers. If I could sync them up I would mute the TV and listen on Sirius. And then there are all the truck drivers that can't watch the race.

I hope the Speed channel comes in but we have to remember that we need Fox HD, Speed HD, FX Hd TNT-HD, NBC-HD, ESPN2-HD and ESPN_HD that should cover all the possibilities, even though I don't know how much will be on TNT,NBC this year.

Dish has sponsorship with Roush/Fenway Racing. You would think that they would do everything that they could to make room for Speed HD.

I will be very disappointed if they don't have Speed HD in their line-up by Daytona Speed Weeks. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)