Hey! What happened to ABC?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
bacchus
Did you submit the waiver through the link I posted in post 7 or another way?
Reason I say that is in your market, ALL of them say you **possibly** could get DNS...even CBS

bacchus
Did you submit the waiver through the link I posted in post 7 or another way?
Reason I say that is in your market, ALL of them say you **possibly** could get DNS...even CBS

I submitted via the link you offered. First I submitted Fox (I found it on Wednesday searching for DNS on the D* site) and then waited until Monday to submit CBS - both are currently pending. I want them to make a decision on the Fox waiver first and not think I'm getting greedy before ruling on CBS (being both requests will end up on the same desk, eventually.)

Edit: The AM21 finally came today. I had it hooked up and running in 10 minutes. So I can now pick up CBS and PBS in HD and Fox and 2 PBS subchannels in SD via my HR24. So, things are looking up!

Last edited:
They got both waivers at the same time an immediately denied both. D* also sent me a note stating they have no plans (probably ever) to offer HD locals in my DMA.

Fox 8 will never be able to broadcast OTA in HD being it has to split the bandwidth with CBS (and it is in effect the subchannel.) Looks like I have to move to plan B.

D* really hung me out to dry on this one as the primary reason I switched was because Sobongo said they were pulling the plug on DNS HD channels and I was assured I could get Fox in HD via DNS just like I did with Sobongo...

They got both waivers at the same time an immediately denied both. D* also sent me a note stating they have no plans (probably ever) to offer HD locals in my DMA.

Fox 8 will never be able to broadcast OTA in HD being it has to split the bandwidth with CBS (and it is in effect the subchannel.) Looks like I have to move to plan B.

D* really hung me out to dry on this one as the primary reason I switched was because Sobongo said they were pulling the plug on DNS HD channels and I was assured I could get Fox in HD via DNS just like I did with Sobongo...

apply again make sure it is for hd dns and not standard dns. sometime i seen it take a few times before they get approved.

apply again make sure it is for hd dns and not standard dns. sometime i seen it take a few times before they get approved.

I don't see an option to differentiate SD from HD. There are a list of reasons at the bottom, but all have to do with reception.

I don't see an option to differentiate SD from HD. There are a list of reasons at the bottom, but all have to do with reception.

There is a difference though.

Might not be on that page do the unpopular thing here give us a call asked to be transfer to the HD-DNS department , When you get over there tell them you looking for a waiver for HD only and they can help you out from there.

\do the unpopular thing here give us a call asked to be transfer to the HD-DNS department , When you get over there tell them you looking for a waiver for HD only and they can help you out from there.

HD waiver request sent! Thanks for the pro-tip. :)

Hopefully it pans out, although at this point I have very low expectations of success.

Edit: The AM21 finally came today. I had it hooked up and running in 10 minutes. So I can now pick up CBS and PBS in HD and Fox and 2 PBS subchannels in SD via my HR24. So, things are looking up!

cool. Glad it finally came and that you're up and running

Glad it finally came and that you're up and running

Let me rephrase, lol. It came via fedex very quickly right after I ordered it the second time. I was just expecting it on the truck with a D* logo, when I ordered it the first time. ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)