HGTV and Food HD News

FreddyvsJasonvsAsh

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 20, 2004
Lakeland, FL
I just got off the phone with Scripps Networks and HGTV HD will launch April 10th and Food HD will launch late 2006...I'd guess around fall season...So I hope you guess like the news

Scripps is putting out conflicting information. They said on one of their local affiliates (WCPO, Cincinnati) a couple of weeks ago that both HGTV HD and FOOD HD will launch this spring.

I probably will maybe watch 1 program a month. I too have never watched the SD channels

Well, I never watch HGTV but I do watch the Food Network. I will definitely try both in HD. Also, a lot of wives out there are really waiting for these in HD, so I hope Dish delivers.

I can tell you Food Network is definitely preparing. A lot of their new 2006 episodes are showing up in letterbox format on the SD channel.

I watch both of them all the time. I am really looking forward to these.

Supposedly they have been creating all their content in HD for a couple of years so their library of back-content will be HD compatible when the channels go up.

What kind of content does HGTV carry? What does HGTV stand for? MTV just launched there HD channel, any word on if Dish will carry it?

Home & Garden Television

One can only assume Dish & MTV are negotiating carrying that channel

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)