622 Install - RESCHEDULED - Am I HOT under the collar!!

Y2k06

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 16, 2006
Ordered my 622 on Feb 2. It was shipped direct to me which I got about 10 days ago. I TOLD them there was absolutely NO WAY to run another line for dual tuner and would have to have a DPP44 switch. After arguning with me about what I need they finally acknowledged that - SO......

The installer shows up here today (Sunday - 3/5) to do the install. Guess what? NO 44 switch - not even on his work order! He called his boss who didn't have any of the DPP44 switches either. Says his order should come in next week with some 44's.

I call TECH - and they give me a royal run-around that is was never on the work order. So, I ask - OK, just hook it up to the single line for now and send me a 44 switch. NO - can't do that - they have to re-schedule and the earliest date is April 6th. just called them back and said...look I am no dummy - I can do the install if they will just send me a switch. Then they have the damn balls to tell me I can't do that, but if I want, they will CHARGE me another $99 to install and I have to BUY the dpp44 for $200 but an installer will have to do the work unless I wait for the April new install date.

The installer calls his boss again and they will try to find a 44 switch next week and will call me next week (Tuesday) A very understanding installer just shakes his head and says "typical Dish Network" - They can't do anything right." Says
"I can't tell you how many times I've been to a customers house and leave doing absolutely nothing because DISH screwed up".

So, as it stands, Dish won't ship a 44 switch to me, but can ship to the installer, but even if they get it in early next week, I STILL have to wait until April for the install. The installler says he'll see what he can do about locating one and will try for mid-week - yeah - right. I've got some great beach front property in the middle of Arizona too.

So.. now I sit like a 16 year old girl waiting to see if a guy will ask me to go to the Prom with him.

This SUCKS - a complete waste of time - not to mention that I didn't get to sleep in on a Sunday cause he calls at 7:30 and says he'll be here at 8. F* it. going back to bed.

I'm sorry for the trouble

Was it DNS that came out? If there was any paperwork left there should be a phone number, or look in the white pages for Dish Network Service Corp. ask for the Installation or General Manager.

If that doesn't work. Call 1 866 339 7005. Speak nicely please!

Sorry, I know it sucks. If you don't have no more than two receivers and three sat locations just use the DPP twin with a seperator.

i don't know what happened tis week but our truck didn't show up on Monday like it is supposed to so by Thursday we were out of DPP 44. by Friday we were out of DP Duals and by Saturday we were running out of DP Twins. o yeah did i forgot to mention that we are ruining out of receivers. and we are the hub for MN LLC.
sorry to hear what happened. but call them your self on Monday and ask if there truck arrived and see when it is supposed to. because for our region they send really limited supplies

Y2k06 said:
A very understanding installer just shakes his head and says "typical Dish Network" - They can't do anything right."
isn't that the truth i ordered a 622 on Feb 1 install scheduled for Feb 10
on the ninth i got the CPU generated call saying they would be here tomorrow
I call ad vanced tech so we can go through the details of My order sure enough 299.99 charge for 622 is taken but when we check the details on the work order it says Sd-dvr not 622
It isn't possible for dish to be this retarded, i feel there baiting and switching everybody they can.
so in return i dropped my programming drastically and went from 8 junk echo star irds down to 1

If dish network continues to treat customers like this, soon thee will have none left

Last edited:
I just want to make sure I'm on the right page here. My setup is.... DP Twin pointing to 110/119 and second dish at 61.5.

So, 3 sat feeds into a DP34 switch - all 4 ports to receivers are being used. Total of 4 receivers. Got 2 301's, a 211 (just to get on board to watch something in HD) and a 508.

I'll return one 301 and the 508 will go upstairs. I will put the 211 in game room for another HDTV coming next month. The 622 will go where the 508 was in the living room.

Thus, in order for the 622 to be a dual tuner, it must have a DPP44 switch and a separator off of port 1, yes???? Then port 2,3,4 can go in any order off the 44 switch to respective receivers, correct?

Does this all make sense? Why didn't DISH recognize this when I went over this in great detail when I ordered the 622?

The use of the dual tuner on the 622 is to be able to watch and record something else. There 'may' be a limted use of actual TV2 to another TV - but in all likelihood, not.

BTW ---> This site has been an AWESOME place to learn how to get things done and done right. Had I not known about this site, Dish would have been perfectly content to sell me a 942 for $800 full well knowing that the 211 was already out and the 622 and roll out of MPEG4 was just days away.

I am **N*O*T** a happy customer..... and if I ever have to talk to some idiot in India again, I'll blow a gasket!

it's all makes sense what you want to do. just one thing, it doesn't mater what port VIP622 plugged in on DPP 44 they all will work with separator

I trust no one at dish except for my installer voldkadav he does awesome work and is one of very few at dish, who knows what there doing

Y2k06 good luck with 622, hopefully it exceeds your expectations

I had the same problem last year with my 921. They knew they needed a s-44 and acknowledged that fact when service call made. When installer shows up he only has 34's. He said they are main Dish hub for north of Seattle and they rarely unless special orderered even stock the 44. He was cool as it was his last week before leaving the job for college told me that the 44 cost the insatlling hub too much so they instruct the installers to do whatever it takes to run the extra cable to put in the 34.

He told me to call Dish and gave me some special number to complain. Then he called his boss back and said the work order called for a 44. They had to order it but he was cool and cut me off about 75 feet of rg-6 cable and gave me some ends so I ran a temp extra cable thru my backyard and the window so I was up and running till the switch came in.

I called and activated the reciever that day. You could do the same. Just go and purchase some cable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts