HGTV in HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

woljr

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 17, 2005
I thought Dish had HGTV in HD but I do not see it on their list of HD channels. I wish someone would clarify for me exactly what channels are in HD and which Package has them all except the Premium movie channels. I am considering switching from D to Dish primarily for HD content. I already receive all the networks OTA in HD.

OTA is proving to be the only pure HD availalble anywhere ??? Yes Or No ?? ;) ;)

They do. I think the key phrase in your sentence is "their list" of HD channels. "Their list" of channels in almost any package leaves things out: e.g. when I couldn't find RFD-TV in "their list" I almost spit the bit (no pun intended). Nor is Fine Living easy to find.

Fact is, if you take the UNION of all "their" channel lists you MIGHT find everything, might not.

But trust me, HGTV-HD IS on E* (depending on the package, of course) and has about the best picture quality I've seen (off the 61.5 sat, anyway).

=NLK=

Where are you looking? Go to the Dish web site, select Programming, select HDTV, select DISHHD Programing and you will see the channel list displsyed as active icons. You can then select channel categories or the best is to select the metal packages where you can see both the HD and SD channels in the package. Hope this helps.
I'm not sure what you mean by pure HD, there has been passionate debate around 1080i and what is called HD lite, but a number of the Dish HD channels are in 1080i. In my opinion, it would depend on your TV whether or not you could see the difference. I have a SONY SXRD (1080P display) and I can't tell much difference - compared to SD it all looks great. I think D is all HD lite, but I don't know for sure

HGTV HD might be the best example of amazing Hi-Def in DISH's lineup.

Every show looks amazing. This is why i'm anxiously awaiting Food HD, b/c i'm sure it will be of the same great quality.

woljr said:
I thought Dish had HGTV in HD but I do not see it on their list of HD channels. I wish someone would clarify for me exactly what channels are in HD and which Package has them all except the Premium movie channels. I am considering switching from D to Dish primarily for HD content. I already receive all the networks OTA in HD.

OTA is proving to be the only pure HD availalble anywhere ??? Yes Or No ?? ;) ;)

Youll need the HD Bronze package or better..And HD Bronze is the minimum HD package. So basically if you have any Dish HD package, youll have HGTVHD..

nlk10010 said:
They do. I think the key phrase in your sentence is "their list" of HD channels. "Their list" of channels in almost any package leaves things out: e.g. when I couldn't find RFD-TV in "their list" I almost spit the bit (no pun intended). Nor is Fine Living easy to find.

Fact is, if you take the UNION of all "their" channel lists you MIGHT find everything, might not.

That's what http://www.dishchannelchart.com is for :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts