Hi All I am new and need FTA Help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Because USALS is exact based on a calculation from your Long. and lat. It does not allow for user changes.

I was celebrating too soon. I just found out on 97W Galaxy 19, all Horizon frequency were fine but no signals on any Vertical frequencies.

Could you have accidentally changed the Polarity Setting on the on G19 KU satellite install menu screen from Auto to Horizontal? Changing this setting would manually set the voltage on this satellite to the fixed and only receive one polarity.

Because USALS is exact based on a calculation from your Long. and lat. It does not allow for user changes.
Michael,
I'm not referring to saving the increment new position to replace the calculated position; I'm talking about the step/move and during those moves the motor just jumped back to the calculated position before I got out of the step/move menu. If the menu provides the single step/stop and continuous move/stop, then why the motor jumped back without my input command?

Ti,
Good point and I will double check, but I have a feeling that one will get weak H channels if elevation is off, and weak V channel when azimuth is off.

If the menu provides the single step/stop and continuous move/stop, then why the motor jumped back without my input command?
Many STBs reissue switch and motor commands if the signal is lost, while changing channels or entering/changing menus. The STB is programmed to establish a signal path and issues the saved data.

Ti,
Good point and I will double check, but I have a feeling that one will get weak H channels if elevation is off, and weak V channel when azimuth is off.
No, not the way satellite signals work. :D Would sure make trouble shooting easy if that were true.

"Many STBs reissue switch and motor commands if the signal is lost, while changing channels or entering/changing menus"

Ti, motor jumped back when signal was weak or lost, but I was doing the step/stop and did not changing channels nor menus. I would think if they provided the step/stop move in the USALS menu for the user to execute, then the motor should be controlled by the user, not the software based on signal quality. It's confusing and I just don't see the logical benefit the way the STB doing on this feature.

Also, I checked my setting and it was AUTO, not Horizontal on the signal polarization. Well, I sure be up the roof this weekend again. At this rate if I didn't add the washer to the motor latitude adjuster serrated nut, it sure will eat through the bracket.

1413575709-de4b9677-8984.jpg

:D

If you want to bump and modify dish positioning, simply select the DiSEqC 1.2 mode and go crazy! That is one of the benefits to using DiSEqC 1.2... :)

Reactions: mc6809e and KE4EST
In my case, I just wanted to see how far off my USALS position (depending on my true south setting of course) from its peak. Say if 97w has 60% quality, and by step/stop to east 10 steps and to west 10 steps from original position, then compare the data at both ends I can tell I need to move further east or west for best signal. In this case if I switch to Diseqc 1.2, then I completely lost my reference of the original USALS azimuth. As I said, I just can't think of a good reason why the STB commanded the motor to jump back when it senses a weak signal in this process. WHY WHY WHY???

If all satellite positions are off using USALS, the motor and dish are not tracking the arc. You can fool the motor using DiSEqC 1.2 to aim close to the optimized position.

USALS stands for Universal Satellite Automatic Location System, not UTAC User Tweaks the Antenna Continuously. :D

For every job, there is the right tool and wrong tool. It really is easy to use the right tool to your advantage.... Go into the install menu, with USALS motor type selected, choose the satellite you want to adjust. Once the motor lands, set the motor type to DiSEqC 1.2. Bump the motor East/West to peak then Save.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts