Hi Everybody, I Need More Info On FTA (Thanks For Reading)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SJC408

Original poster
Apr 23, 2005
Hi, i’m a newbie and would like to know more about FTA. I’m looking into getting a FTA satellite receiver & dish but I don’t know what to get yet. I was looking at the FTA Direct website and they have a great selection. The Digiwave DG7000 Satellite Package sounds good to get, it includes Digiwave DG7000 receiver plus a Wave Frontier T55 Dish. I was wondering if the Digiwave is a good receiver to get? And is Wave Frontier a good dish? See, I have no idea! I’m tired of paying every month to Directv or cable TV, I want to be able to enjoy programming without paying a cent. I remember my aunt had a satellite dish but I never asked her about it and she lives kinda far and out of town and can’t get a hold of her at the moment since she on vacation. I would like more info on FTA programming and what channels I could get with the system. Would I be able to get my local channels with this satellite? I live in California in the 95127 area and would like to be able to catch all of my locals as well as out of town channels. Would I be able to watch music channels like BET, MTV, MTV2, VH1 & Mun2, or do I have to pay for those channels? Also, what’s the difference between C-Band & Ku-Band, which one is better or are they both good and can I get them through the Digiwave receiver and T55 dish? And can I get radio stations as well?

Sorry for so many questions but as you can see i’m new to this and would like to learn more about it before I go out and buy a receiver & dish.

Thanks in advance, I really appreciate it.

- SJC408 :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)