Hi. Im new from South Africa. Need help setting up satlink ws 6923 finder

Status
Please reply by conversation.

robdifferent

Original poster
May 5, 2014
Cape Town
Hi all:) thanks for reading my post. I am from South Africa. I recently imported a satlink ws 6923 finder. What frequencies do I program in it to pick up intelsat 20 and ses5 I been to lynsat but don't understand how to put it into the meter. Can anyone advice me please. Thanks

Rob

Welcome to SatelliteGuys!!

I have never owned one of those meters. Someone will come along soon that can help. :)

thanks, lets hope so. I don't understand the different settings like ku lo and high cause its not within the frequency of the satellite according to lynsat

Welcome Robdifferent! :welcome
I have not used that meter and I can't find a manual for it.

What frequencies do I program in it to pick up intelsat 20 and ses5 I been to lynsat but don't understand how to put it into the meter.
Rob

What channels are you trying to pick up? Are they on C-Band (four digit frequencies) or Ku-Band (five digit frequencies)

thanks, lets hope so. I don't understand the different settings like ku lo and high cause its not within the frequency of the satellite according to lynsat

Ku lo and high are used to set up the LNB Local Oscillator frequency. Do you have a setting for a switch frequency on that menu.

What type of LNB are you using?

From the pictures of the WS-6923 it looks like the main menu has the following options:
1. Antenna Setup
2. Find Satellite
3. Satellite Setup
4. Transponder Setup
5. Calculate Angle
6. System Setup

Are Ku lo and high under "1. Antenna Setup" or "6. System Setup" ?

Thanks all:) What Im struggling with is on the meter. It has a place to enter transponder then also Ku low and hi freq the problem is according to lynsat the frequencies are higher and the highest I can set the meter to is 11475.

Bit confusing if the frequencies on the satellite are higher?

It has a place to enter transponder then also Ku low and hi freq the problem is according to lynsat the frequencies are higher and the highest I can set the meter to is 11475

The Ku low and Hi freq parameters are settings for your LNB on the Antenna Setup menu.
What LNB are you using? Does it mention the term Universal or something like "9750/10600".
To enter the frequencies that you see on Lyngsat you want to go to the Transponder Setup menu.

What I am trying to do, is find our local satellite which is intelsat 20 to start with. Now the meter is dvb-s can I use this meter to align my dish if the signals been broadcast using dvs-s2 from the satellite?

Thanks. Speak soon.

Rob

The meter "might" give you a power reading on a DVB-S2 transponder,
but it will not be able to lock the transponder and give you a quality or bit error rate reading.

Don't try a DVB-S2 transponder the first time you try looking for a satellite.
You should first try a DVB-S transponder, get a signal lock and see how the meter behaves with DVB-S2 transponders.

I took a look at Intelsat 20 and there are a lot of DVB-S transponders, you should pick one of them.

ok thanks for reply. So what do I use for the lo and hi and transponder what would you recommend? Then I will give it a try.

Somhow I think the meter is faulty It always shows my an 78% reading on the s even though the lnb is inside and in my hand etc. sometimes upto 80% perhaps I have bought a faulty meter?

That is normal. The "S" means Signal level, it should have a reading if the meter is connected to an LNB. The value you care about is "Q" - Quality. You will only get a Q value when you lock onto a transponder.

I recommend trying a LNB setting of Universal with a LO: 09750 and HI: 10600
For Intelsat 20 at 68.5°E I would try transponders: 12722 V 26657, 12682 H 26657 or 11674 V 26652

If you are not connecting the meter directly to the LNB you will need to set up the DiSEqC switch settings.

Thanks so much for this help. Its direct to lnb I will try this this afternoon. Am going away for 1 week then will try again when back. Thanks so much for the help. I just hope I don't have faulty meter as it always shows a high reading even tho lnb is inside not connected at all to dish. Going to try take it to a place where is is a direct lnb link and dish set up already. Thanks, will let you know later.

I probably edited my post while you were typing:
That is normal. The "S" means Signal level, it should have a reading if the meter is connected to an LNB. The value you care about is "Q" - Quality. You will only get a Q value when you lock onto a transponder.

If possible look for markings on the LNB that might help identify it.
Good luck and let us know how everything goes.

I always get a s reading of 78% sometimes jumps to 80% even if dish is inside lnb is in my hand etc.
Lnb power on diseqc is off 22k off is this normal?

its a universal lnb 10.7ghz ku band will take to somone with a lnb connection already set up to test. I am used to the analog cheap signal meter, but decided to get a better meter as I want to experiment more with satellites

You should have a S reading when the LNB is connected to the meter. Even if the LNB is only in your hand.
LNB Power should be ON when connecting the LNB directly to the meter.
Diseqc should be OFF and if you select universal type LNB the 22K setting is auto.

its a universal lnb 10.7ghz ku band will take to somone with a lnb connection already set up to test. I am used to the analog cheap signal meter, but decided to get a better meter as I want to experiment more with satellites

Then set the LO: 09750 and the HI: 10700
Make sure it is 10.7 Ghz and not 10.75 Ghz if it is 10.750 Ghz then the HI: would be 10750

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts