Hi, I'm thinking of switch from E* to DirecTV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
DTV TiVo Dealer said:
You still should get the upgrade to TOTAL CHOICE PREMIER at no charge for 3 months, so you monthly bill for the first 3 months should be about $46./mo

How much was the upfront cost?

You will love your new multi-channel DVR services, you made a great decision to go with a DIRECTV DVR system.

-Robert

Robert, the Tivo is 99 with 50 rebate & of course BS hit me with a 21.95 "cause we can" fee. So 72 bucks when all is said & done.

In my post above I mistyped "Direct", it should have been Total Choice Premier so I would assume any upgrade to what I already have would not apply.

From the T&C verbage on D*'s web site, the Premier 3 month promo requires pro-active cancellation by the subscriber prior to or at the end of the promo period. IOW, in reality, they activate Premiere, charge the TC/ParaTodos price for 3 months, then up it to the ~93.00 Premiere price. I despise such promos, personally, as the true offer is buried in the fine print.

OFFER DETAILS
Offer available starting 3/1/05. Subscription to 12 consecutive months of any DIRECTV TOTAL CHOICE ($41.99/mo. or above) or DIRECTV PARA TODOS programming package ($29.99/mo. or above), or qualifying international services bundle, plus activation to the TOTAL CHOICE PREMIER package within 30 days of equipment purchase required. In fourth month, customer's TOTAL CHOICE PREMIER package will continue at the regular payable monthly charge ($93.99/mo.). In certain markets, programming and pricing may vary. The DIRECTV System has a feature which allows restricted access to or blocking of entire channels. Professional and collegiate sports subscriptions sold separately. Blackout restrictions and other conditions apply to sports programming. FAILURE TO ACTIVATE THE DIRECTV SYSTEM WITHIN 30 DAYS OF PURCHASE MAY RESULT IN A CHARGE OF $150 PER DIRECTV RECEIVER NOT ACTIVATED. IF YOU FAIL TO MAINTAIN AN ANNUAL PROGRAMMING COMMITMENT, DIRECTV MAY CHARGE A PRORATED FEE OF UP TO $150. IN LIEU OF PAYMENT, YOU HAVE AN OPTION TO SEND YOUR DIRECTV SYSTEM TO DIRECTV. VISIT DIRECTV.COM OR CALL 1-800-DIRECTV FOR DETAILS.

Is this a mis-interpretation?

Pat

Ok I got it! :) Needless to say I am very happy with Tivo thus far. What really surprised me was that I like the D* basic receivers better than the 301's of E* . I even think the picture quality is better. I have not noticed any 'black crush' on any channel yet (although I only checked out a few). Well back to playing with my new toy. :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)