HIC Engineering Questions

eddwall

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 18, 2012
The HIC has a mode 1&2 switch, what are the different modes???

Do you need two HIC's one for each end???

It uses Moca technology, if you combine it with the Hopper Satelite feed, then it uses the higher spectrum of frequency thus limited the the full bandwidth capabilities, but you may get to use only one HIC, is this true???

If I use on a separate single RG-6 homerun cable by itself, can I get the full spectrum of bandwidth, and how much bandwidth are we talking about???

And would I need 2 HIC's for the separate RG-6 application???

Reading alot about MOCA technology, and looking at ways to expand my home network. My WIFI (N) system works good , just looking to expand & improve without running CAT 5 everywhere. I already have RG-6 cables everywhere that goes to a mainframe.

What is mode 1, is it a addressing option, bandwidth option, protocol, or just the current mode of operation????

You do know that you may not need a HIC, right? You could, if the cat 5/6 is run, plug directly into a Hopper and have the internet across the coax to each active location.

Can't see a need for two HIC, unless you count the (temporary) situation where you have two Hoppers, not fully integrated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)