Can I add the one-time $99 fee to get HD Free for Life to my Welcome package so that I can see Block

lostinthemusiq

Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
Atlanta
Do I have the option of adding the one-time $99 fee to get HD Free for Life to my Welcome package which has Blockbuster added already will I be able to see the HD channels that come with Block Buster? If it is possible I would then need to upgrade my SD receiver and Satellite? I am on a very tight budged and would need the most cost effective method. Thanks in advance.

I don't believe that the welcome pack qualifies for the hd free for life.Pm one of the dirt team members and they can let you know what options you would have.

True nowadays, but the OP says he/she already has BB added to his/her Welcome Pack, so he/she must be grandfathered.

I was under the impression that add-ons like that come with HD. So it might be that all the OP needs to do is upgrade their receiver to HD and get a new antenna. Recommend contacting Dish IRT and see what they can do for you.

I already have blockbuster added to my welcome package I just can't see the HD channels which comes with the blockbuster membership because I don't have HD. If I upgrade my Satellite dish and buy HD receivers will I then be able to see the HD channels?? Thanks

Well that's a good question. I would ask a Dirt team member here that question, let them look at your account and see if it can be done.

I already have blockbuster added to my welcome package I just can't see the HD channels which comes with the blockbuster membership because I don't have HD. If I upgrade my Satellite dish and buy HD receivers will I then be able to see the HD channels?? Thanks

yes
I had the Welcome Pack and a 211k. The only HD you will get is your locals (if available), any freeview channels that have a HD option and any alacarte stations that have a HD option. So BB@H would give you the HD stations.

You cannot add HD to the base package of WP

I kept it for 6 months

I thought my contract with Directv was up this month....I forgot I upgraded to HD so I still had 10 months left so this really wasnt needed
plus Directv offered me a HR34 (the 5 tuner monster) at a very good price :)

yes
I had the Welcome Pack and a 211k. The only HD you will get is your locals (if available), any freeview channels that have a HD option and any alacarte stations that have a HD option. So BB@H would give you the HD stations.

You cannot add HD to the base package of WP

This is unfortunate. Also, if this is the case, their website is misleading, since their channel comparison shows HD channels are available in the Welcome Pack (attachment).

Attachments

• dish_comparo.png
    dish_comparo.png
    24.4 KB · Views: 131
This is unfortunate. Also, if this is the case, their website is misleading, since their channel comparison shows HD channels are available in the Welcome Pack (attachment).

Yes there have been many complaints about the misleading web site ads.Still waiting to see if they get it fixed.They also show Disney as being available in hd which its not.

To get a HD recover upgrade Dish requires you too have an HD package. Dish America for $34.99 month or AT120 $44.99 month, are the cheapest.
Later after you get the upgrade, you can go pack to at least the Family package $24.99, and maybe the welcome pack.
DIRT can help you upgrade and will probably wave the $99. fee. but will require you to get Dish Protection Plan ($6) for a minimum of 120 days. So $24 vs $99.

or just buy one online and then you dont need a HD package. You still would get the locals in HD (if available) and any freeview channels

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)