hidden features help

This1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 27, 2009
Florida
Last weekend I updated my receivers to 374 and I am tryint to get some the hidden features to work like MRV and other but I am not successful I am following these instructions but nothing.
o activate a hidden feature code, you will execute a Keyword Search.
Press MENU -> Search for Shows -> Keyword -> <Search Code> -> Continue -> Done

You can key the search code using the arrows on the remote or "Triple-Tap" text entry like on a cell-phone, using the number keys with the corresponding letters
I go to

I am doing this it is different don't see Search for shows

Menu>Search> typeitin then hit the red button for keyword >goes to next page and nothing

is something else I need to do
note this is my first time

When I hit menu I don't see search for shows
I see
SEARCH New

Last edited:
ok I did
Menu-> Search- IAMANEDGECUTTER -> All - it says
There are no matching programs at this time

click on done and nothing.

reread the faq, this is this is correct. There will be no indication a code has been entered. The feature will just work, read through the release notes and the faqs for a list of codes, if you entered the edgecutter code you will see the misc options under setup, which currently can only send reports.

ok I see you are correct now I did BRINGMRVBACK but don't see anything how do I set this up
thanks for you help all

This CE in particular is not the best to try to get MRV going the first time.

It should go smoother with the next CE, Friday night.

Until I finally got anywhere with this CE, I did notice that the keyword search for BRINGMRVBACK was taking a very long time to process when it should be 10 seconds or less. Lately, the k/w searches have not been required but I did find that if I deleted the Recent keyword search of BRINGMRVBACK and manual entry was taking a long to take that it was actually timing out because I could go back to recent searches and not find it until I got a successful search entered correctly. After that I found the k/w search fast again.

Long story short; I don't think you'll have all those difficulties if you wait for next CE d/l window.

ok I see you are correct now I did BRINGMRVBACK but don't see anything how do I set this up
thanks for you help all

BTW, there is no indication that the keyword got it going or not.

The things to look for are the Location Tab in System Setup but you'll also see the same Options when repeating Network Setup. You can name your devices by room or any other name easy to remember.

Check your LIST, it should contain your other compatible devices' playlists integrated as Unified Play List or UPL. MRV does require all devices to be on this CE version. Most importantly, while in LIST, check for "Playlist Options" under the YELLOW BUTTON (it should be at bottom of options list). If it's not there, there's a missed step or a hung-up MRV SERVER requiring a restart.

As an exercise, you can check for all these things to make sure your network is functioning. Although MRV is inoperable for most, they can see UPL and associated options, just no playback in a lot of cases. Normally, you'd go to LIST and select another SERVER's recording denoted in INFO by it's friendly name you gave it and start playback. But don't be surprised if you see "UNABLE TO ACCESS MEDIA" or "<Friendly Name> cannot be found at this time; check your network and try again". I wouldn't worry too much either one of those failures unless you still see them after loading next CE.

If you happen to get it going, for this CE, a functioning MRV SERVER will fail you if you try to use it as a CLIENT to another SERVER. If so, restart the one you want to test as a SERVER and hope it works again. It hasn't worked for a lot of CErs; so don't sweat it out, just wait it out.

If you have any further problems after next CE d/l, ask for help. But it may be something as simple as restarting all your compatible CE devices.

ok I will have to update my other receivers how do I make one server and the other the client.

thanks for you hel

ok I will have to update my other receivers how do I make one server and the other the client.

thanks for you hel

The definition of CLIENT is the device receiving the MRV stream. Non-DVR receivers are always CLIENTS. DVRs can function as a CLIENT or SERVER.

SERVER=the DVR the stream originates from.

Being that all your devices are not on CE, it doesn't matter. Without the CE, your devices will not be able to view shared playlists (UPL) either.

Any reference I made to choosing one as CLIENT or SERVER should not apply any longer. I was referring to the current handicapped MRV CE that most are having problems with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)