SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
High definition equals high prices

BY LEVI BUCHANAN

Chicago Tribune

(KRT) - Microsoft has announced plans to release its next-generation console, Xbox 360, this fall around the world, requiring that all its games be capable of broadcast in expensive high-definition. Sony's announced PlayStation 3 could be even pricier, with a graphics chipset based on a new NVIDIA RSX graphics card for the PC that is expected to debut at $500.

And to trump Microsoft's high-def claims, Sony revealed that the PlayStation 3 will be able to 1080p, a level of definition not even widely available on most HD televisions sold at mass-market retailers such as Best Buy.

Developing games for these high-def boxes is going to dramatically increase costs, with many companies expecting budgets for blockbuster games to reach eight-figures without blinking. Gaming retailer Electronic Boutique is starting Xbox 360 game preorders with $60 price points, as developers attempt to recoup inflated development budgets.

Source

I am looking forward for the PS3 bu I think 500 is way to much, I guess i will be playing my PS2 longer, at that price it better suparss a PC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts