PS3 Prices tanking on ebay

Mikley28, receiving 4 to 8 PS3s at a time is not what I call inducing great sales. I have seen about 4 differant commercials on the PS3 and I wonder why? However, those 4 to 8 consoles a week per stores is adding up because they are not accumalating. Weather they end up on E-BAY or under a tree somewhere they are being sold quickly.

It would be nice if some store actually recieved 20 or 30 PS3s so we could see if there really is a demand for them. As for looking for PS3s this week, even the assistant mngr at Costco is looking to have PS3s for sale around the end of this week. Now I hope these rumors pan out so that those wanting a PS3 can get one. So, I guess I will have to endure your comments a little longer.:)

your comment brought this to my mind, who cares if they are being sold on ebay, are people not wanting one buying these things? are they not going to use them? out of the 10 people in line at my wal mart 1 person kept theirs, and everyone else sold theres on ebay, and ALL of those people except one said, they will have one at the beginning of next year, they were just looking to make a little money now, but that they really like the PS3. how quickly people forget about the 360 launch and how it was pretty much excatly the same (except you have to admit, sony dosent have as many problems). I love the 360, I am getting a Ps3, I will even try to get a wii, I really would like to make a educated guess, and I will not bash any system or person who supports one or the other.

Mikley28, receiving 4 to 8 PS3s at a time is not what I call inducing great sales. I have seen about 4 differant commercials on the PS3 and I wonder why? However, those 4 to 8 consoles a week per stores is adding up because they are not accumalating. Weather they end up on E-BAY or under a tree somewhere they are being sold quickly.

It would be nice if some store actually recieved 20 or 30 PS3s so we could see if there really is a demand for them. As for looking for PS3s this week, even the assistant mngr at Costco is looking to have PS3s for sale around the end of this week. Now I hope these rumors pan out so that those wanting a PS3 can get one. So, I guess I will have to endure your comments a little longer.:)

First thing first, lets get some things we DO agree on.

1. We agree that they are selling quickly.
2. We agree that each store is getting a minuscule number of consoles, 2-6, 4-8, whatever, its still a ridiculously small number.
3. That minuscule number of consoles will be sold out within minutes of the store receiving them.

Now your statement in question says that anyone can go into one of those stores that you mentioned and be able to pick up a PS3 this week. HOW is that possible when they are sold out in minutes. You need to be extremely lucky and might as well play the lottery.

And now HOW do you hope that the rumors pan out if you admit that Sony still has a Blue diode problem? This is real world.. not JoeLand. So everyone that wants one will NOT be able to get one until probably March or April.

What is your obsession in taking retail manager's words as gospel. Dude, both of us know, that the 4-8 PS3s that Costco are getting will be sold out within minutes like all the other stores. He is using those to get people into his warehouse to shop. He doesn't give a crap how many he is getting as long as people are in his store spending money. Just the thought of him getting PS3s will get around and crowd his store where people will spend a few hundred dollars on other items there. Think about it, its the holiday shopping season, they have to meet expectations for their shareholders. There can't be a better way to do it than to start rumors like the one you are spreading to get people into the stores to spend money on other things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)