High Definition in two rooms?

kenable

Original poster
Jan 16, 2004
I'm wondering what the current solution is for getting HD in two rooms...short of getting another HD capable satellite box. I have a 622 in the living room and would like to get the same HD viewing in another room. Right now i have the 2nd SD signal going in the 2nd room. I've looked at the SlingboxHD... if i had that would i need a computer in the 2nd room connected to the tv to get HD? The Slingcatcher says it currently does not support HD streaming. There's a wireless HD video system from Sony that might work, but pretty pricey:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Sony-DMEX-DMXWL1-BRAVIA-Wireless/dp/B001FB53OQ]Amazon.com: Sony DMEX DMXWL1 BRAVIA Wireless HD Link: Electronics[/ame]

Any ideas?

If you could be happy with the same programming on both TVs, you can run the cabling format that you aren't currently using to the second TV. If you require independent operation of the two TVs, the one and only solution is a second HD receiver.

you could go HDMI to one tv and Component to the other. This is what I do, however, you will have to watch the same programming.

So, i have coax running thru the house which makes it easy to get the SD signal. It would be a pretty big workout running a HDMI cable to the back room...if it would even work at that distance (i would probably need 75-100' cable)

Any way of going wireless? (good suggestions though..thanks!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts