High Definition on iO Sucks ass!

cleblanc said:
I keep explaining to them that I would love to go back to cable if only they had the local channels in digital format. They insist they do until I tell them to check it out. Then to their shock, they realize only NBC is available - not ABC, CBS or FOX.

The locals ARE in digital format (at least in NY and NJ, not 100% sure about CT). About a year ago, they moved the locals over to digital (assuming you have a digital STB).

lexluthor said:
The locals ARE in digital format (at least in NY and NJ, not 100% sure about CT). About a year ago, they moved the locals over to digital (assuming you have a digital STB).
To me, digital and HD are the same. I am referring to the channels CBS-DT and ABC-DT, not the analog signals that they just convert to digital similar to what satellite does. So all CT gets is crappy compressed analog local channels. Cablevision in the upper part of CT is not the same as Cablevision everywhere else.

Keng52 said:
Well why complain to US we can't solve your problem with Cablevision. You have a problem with them so take it to them .Your attitude sucks. If you talk to the CR like you do on this forum and I see why they stick it to you.Why don't you buy a theusarus and look up some words to use that aren't immature and sophomoric.

Sophomoric?

Who is CR?

This is a forum to post whatever the f**k I feel like posting, sorry if it offends you but get a life.

Nobody "sticks it to me"

I am pissed that more than one person from cablevision told me 100%hd 100% of the time, on HD channels, and it's just not true.

Most of the stupid shows are crappy HD........most of the movies look like they are just widescreen......not HD

The reason I can't complain here is that they DONT charge for it....and I know why - because if they did charge, tons of people would be complaining

What you see on CVs HD channels is the exact same thing you would see on that channel if you had Dish, Direct TV, Adelphia etc. CV just gives you the signal, the networks put the shows on.

Does it really make sense for CBS to broadcast the afternoon news in HD? Primetime is HD time.

Its not worth the cost and time to the netoworks to produce daytime TV and low budget shows in HD. Did you really believe they did?

If the channels all broadcasted 100% HD 100% of the time, you'd be getting it and everyone would be a lot happier.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)