High Definition with a Dish 500?

Nevada_MO_Guy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 15, 2006
Nevada, Missouri
Hello All,

Finally all the stars are in the proper alignment and I put in my "Dish-it-up" order for the ViP622 with the Gold package.

Seemed like a nice lady, the phone connection sometimes cut out but I really didn't have a problem understanding her.

My current setup is a DVR 510 with the Dish 500.

I asked her what my dish would be upgraded to and she told me that it doesn't have to be upgraded.

I thought sure I would need a SuperDish or a Dish1000.....any thoughts?

Thanks.

You will need a separate Dish pointed at 61.5 or D1000 for 129 in order to take advantage of the Gold package.

Call back and make sure they have the order correct.

Scott

Only the old HD pack subscribers used to be able to get HD off of a DISH 500. Just as Scott said, you will must have a D1000 or a dish at 61.5 to get any of the Voom HD channels, and the rest of the HD Package.

Call them back!

You can use a Dish500 if you pointed it at 119 and 129 but I am sure you do not want to give up your 110 satellite channels (particularly if you have AT180). Dish should be installing a Dish1000 or seperate satellite dish if they are coming to your house. That should be part of the upgrade.

Thanks for all the replies.

I sent an email asking if my Dish was needing to be upgraded and the reply I got said that my installation will include a Dish 1000. :)

My 622 and Gold package is online. :D

The installer fellow, used my old single cable from outside the house. Mounted the Dish 1000 where my Dish 500 was and changed out my 510 for the 622.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts