High-scoring games you can recall

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
In light of the recent Indians/Angels 14-11 slugfest,

I was wondering what some of your favorite high-scoring games were.

I'll start with my favorite: An 11-6 Sabres victory over the Rangers at the Aud on New Year's Eve 1992, a game that I went to!

Alexander Mogilny scored a hat trick- on Sombrero night, no less!

As for you guys, I'll give you an example:

Sandra, a Jets fan, probably remembers the amazing 51-45 shootout against the Miami Dolphins in 1986, which launched the Jets on a 9-game winning streak and, at one point, a 10-1 record and the best record in all of football!

December 8 Cincinnati - 50 Dallas - 24

I was at this game. :D

One of the most recent and most memorable slug fests would have to be last years Browns/Bungles game during week 2.

The Browns won 51-45.

A few notable stats:

Derek Anderson: 328 passing yards, 5 TD's
Jamal Lewis: 216 rushing yards, 1 TD
Braylon Edwards: 146 receiving yards, 2 TD's
Kellen Winslow: 100 yards, 1 TD

Back in the 70's the Cubs and Phillies played a game that ended something like 22-21. Yes, the wind was blowing out at Wrigley that day.

Any Arena Football League games. Seeing their games isn't exactly like watching the 1985 Bears playing against the 2001 Ravens.

I remember watching a game against the Reds and Rockies in Denver where the Reds hit 7 hrs and had I think 22 runs.

I went to the Miami Hurricanes 49-45 win over UCLA when they came down here undefeated and ranked either #2 or #3 in polls. It was a great game that went back and forth all afternoon.

In 1969 when the AFL added two wild cards to their playoffs Oakland beat houston 56 to 7 in the first round. I actually watched the entire game. I have no idea why but I did.

Last year's Browns-Bengals 51-45 game comes to mind. In the NBA, Detroit's triple overtime victory over Denver in 1984 also pops in my head (186-184).

Last year's Browns-Bengals 51-45 game comes to mind. In the NBA, Detroit's triple overtime victory over Denver in 1984 also pops in my head (186-184).

Since you are a Redskins fan, I'm surprised you didn't mention any Redskins games.

Here are some I bet you remember:

1983: Washington beat the Raiders in a 37-35 thriller.

1983: Redskins lost, but they tried hard- a 48-47 game in Lambeau.

1986: The Redskins beat the Vikings in a 44-38 OT shootout.

Since you are a Redskins fan, I'm surprised you didn't mention any Redskins games.

Here are some I bet you remember:

1983: Washington beat the Raiders in a 37-35 thriller.

1983: Redskins lost, but they tried hard- a 48-47 game in Lambeau.

1986: The Redskins beat the Vikings in a 44-38 OT shootout.

Very true. The only Redskins game I would rank as one of the highest scoring I ever saw was the Monday Night lost to the Packers at Lambeau. I am pretty sure I have seen higher scoring NFL games than the Raider and Viking game you have on this list.

The 1983 Raiders game was one of the best regular season NFL games ever (at least the comeback was). Joe Theismann led the Redskins from a 35-20 deficit with about 5 minutes to go. Wish he could've done that to them in the Super Bowl.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)