Hispasat 30w in London Ontario

Status
Please reply by conversation.
When you guys say line of sight.... I don't know if I have it or not. Signal meter tells me that there is something there but it's zero on the receiver. Any ideas?
Hi, Miguel,
You really should make sure that you have "Line Of Sight" (LOS) - it means that your dish is "seeing" unobstructed sky where the satellite is. If this piece of sky is taken by a tree, a house or a mountain, then you do not have LOS for this sat.
You already know the co-ordinates for Hispasat : Azimuth 118.7 and elevation 19 degree. Your true East is 90 degree, so, you have to turn the dish roughly 29 degree from East towards South.
To check for obstacles, you might make for yourself a temporary, "makeshift" so-called "sextant", use 20 cm level and bigger drinking straw. Tape the end of straw to one end of level, and use a piece of cardboard and tape to keep the other end of straw 69 mm above the other level's end - this will give you needed 19 degree,
(The tangent of 19 degree is about 0.344).
Holding the level with straw close to your dish, the level - horizontal, you eyeball the area where your dish points, looking through the straw.
If you see your neighbour's roof or other obstacle, then you need to relocate your dish.
It happens quite often that the dish's elevation is being set up incorrectly. Align the angle markings (19 degree) on dish's bracket to the bracket's inner edge, not to the center of the fastening bolt/nut. Some dishes can not be set to such low elevation, as their V-bar (the bar holding LNBF) hits the vertical mast.
I know other trick with small mirror and Sun (however, Sun's presence is not reliable...) which can positively verify your settings - if you are willing to try, let me know. Cheers, polgyver

Ok I think I got the signal for hispasat. But what's the difference between 1D and 1E?

Hispasat C, D and E denote the footprints of the sat. If you go to satbeams.com you will see the footprints for each of the beams.
How many channels have you scanned in? I have 68 channels of which 15 are scrambled. This number will wary depending on the dish size and location.

Hispasat D and E are at the same place for all practical purposes. (C has been moved far away recently, but I don't know where it's going to stop.)

Hispasat D and E are at the same place for all practical purposes. (C has been moved far away recently, but I don't know where it's going to stop.)

Didn't know about C moving. Sathint still shows it as active yet Lyngsat does not list any active TPs.

Lyngsat isn't keeping up with it for some reason. n2yo has it at 70.5W and still moving.

I haven't seen anything. It's going to be 14 years old in a few weeks, maybe they're going to shut it down.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)