Hispasat LNBF

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kelleyga

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 13, 2005
Will this LNBF allow me to get Hispasat?

Fortec Star Free To Air Single LNBF
Single Output LNBF - Input Frequency Range from - 10.70 GHz ~ 12.75 GHz - Output Frequency Range from - 950 MHz ~ 2150 MHz - Various Input Frequency Range - and L.O. for world-wide market - Low Phase Noise for Analog or Digital reception - Voltage-Controlled H/V - Switching (13/18 V) - Excellent D.R.O. stability - Compact tooling - Best solution for individual and multi-satellite systems - Weather Proof O-Ring and Gasket inside - Guaranteed Water Proof -

So, it needs to be any LNB and not necessarily an LNBF right?

The "F" stands for feedhorn, most of them are integrated but some are separate. You need it regardless.

I think what Ice meant was you don't need a Universal LNBF, the standard one you got will do fine.

Whether you can use an LNB or LNBF depends on the type of receiver you have. The LNB requires a servo motor on the feedhorn to change polarity. This servo motor is controlled by wires to the skew control connectors on the back of the receiver. An LNBF uses DC voltage (13v/18v) sent through the coax to control the polarity without the need of an extra set of wires connected to the back of the receiver. Check your receiver and see if it's LNB or LNBF capable or both. Some are, some aren't. There's usually an antenna setup page to select the correct one. If you have a choice, I'd go with the LNBF. Once you have it properly set on the focal plane and skewed to the correct angle, no further adjustments are necessary.

Is Hispasat just a Spanish speaking channel? I have a universal and am thinking of using a tie to tie it to the lnb that I have now, QPH-031 (it's standard + circular), as a sort of secondary lnb to pick up a few more channels. If Hispasat is only Spanish and that's the only channel that a standard can't pick up that Universal can from here in the States, I probably won't go for it. If, on the other hand there's more up there in the sky that Universal can pick up that Standard can't I might try to tinker a bit in a few weeks. I am getting a vibe that Hispasat is just all that the universal would give me extra and that it's just Spanish and wanted to make sure if them is the facts before I go tweaking some more since I just did some tweaks last night to pull in g10r's weak signals and don't want to mess things up again unless there's a really good reason to do so.

Iceberg said:
yep
any kU LNB can pick that up (11.7-12.2)

As Iceberg mentions above, ANY Linear LNBF will work for this all Spanish language SATELLITE.

There is also an Italian (I think) movie channel that does a lot of American movies as well as others. Sometimes they are dubbed over with the other language. Sometimes they are in English with captioning at the bottom in the other language. And sometimes movies from elsewhere are captioned in English at the bottom.

Al

That does sound like one of the dupes of some foriegn movie channel on T5... think that may be an asian one though instead of italian.

It's not the same one. On IA5/T5 it's Tele 5 (I think) and on Hispasat it's Cinema+. The one on IA5/T5 has some man narrating everything that is spoken in the movie, regardless of man, woman, child, or description of something. It's like a video book, with the sound turned down and someone reading it to you. They are nowhere near the same.

Al

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)