Hispasat new channel rumor RCTV from Venezuela

Status
Please reply by conversation.

neljtorres

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 1, 2005
Bayamon, Puerto Rico
They are rumors that RCTV the channel that chavez hates! It used to be the #1 channel in Venezuela but chavez put them out of business and now they are on cable in Venezuela. They will be on Hispasat starting on march. Still nave no Tp yet but as soon as I find out I will post it!

It used to be the #1 channel in Venezuela ....

I always was under the impression that since the beggining , in 1953, Venevision was the #1 channel not only in terms of coverage and audience but also in terms of the amount of programming that it exports to other major Spanish networks in the world (several shows that Univision still broadcast are included). I am yet to see a single show produced by RCTV on any other Spanish network. After RCTV lost his OTA license and with Venezuela having only 30% of ther population with access to pay tv providers the math should indicate that their audience has been reduced considerably. Nonetheless it is always good news to see a new channel FTA, thanks for sharing. But who knws , they have a distribution deal with Direct TV , so DTV might force them to encrypt their satellite feed. Lets hope not.

They are on Satelitte already and They ARE encrypted.
I don't know what Sat they are on but they we're on the Local Cable in The Neth.Antilles when I lived there and they have no fiber optics there so they must be on Satelitte.

New HD Channels

Hi do you know if the new HD Channes that are in sat 129 can be seen in PR ?; and do you know if all the new HD channels will be in that satallite?;I have a 6ft pointed to 61.5

That channel has been on Directv for a long time now, but can't be seen in venezuela because they refused to show their president speeches and breached some laws that indicated they HAVE to broadcast the speeches (if more than 70% of programming is local), they can be seen in a lot of countries but not in venezuela, maybe what they'll do is they will also be on the Amazonas satellite (Telefónica Digital) at 61ºW, owned by Hispasat, as a pay tv.

From my understanding, RCTV was one of the 3 most important channels, and the 2nd most important who is against Cháves, the other being Globovisión, nowadays available at SatMex 5.

Cheers

M.

Hi do you know if the new HD Channes that are in sat 129 can be seen in PR ?; and do you know if all the new HD channels will be in that satallite?;I have a 6ft pointed to 61.5

I think that we can not get 129 HD I am not sure! But I know when the new 119 sat is up we will get more HD!:rolleyes:

That channel has been on Directv for a long time now, but can't be seen in venezuela because they refused to show their president speeches and breached some laws that indicated they HAVE to broadcast the speeches (if more than 70% of programming is local), they can be seen in a lot of countries but not in venezuela, maybe what they'll do is they will also be on the Amazonas satellite (Telefónica Digital) at 61ºW, owned by Hispasat, as a pay tv.

From my understanding, RCTV was one of the 3 most important channels, and the 2nd most important who is against Cháves, the other being Globovisión, nowadays available at SatMex 5.

Cheers

M.

You hit it on the nail! That's bad for a democracy having a president that talk's alot of bs!

And while we're talking about Venezuelan channels, I can't get audio on Globovision @ 117 C band, it's advertised as AC3 but neither my Sonic Voom nor my Coolsat 6000 are able to decode the sound. Is anyone getting sound on that channel?

With the 6 footer I can not get Globovision at 116.7W so I can not comment. Lyngsat does not list the type of Audio but you should check the Audio PID or enter it manually and re-scan just in case. Maybe they changed the APID recently.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)