hispasat1c@30west

Status
Please reply by conversation.

surfdevil83

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 24, 2007
Toronto
Has anyone had any luck with this bird in toronto? If so what transponder and skew are you using? I'm trying to push my 1.2 as far east as I can, to see whats out there on the other side. Thanks Surfdevil83.

Hispasat for the Cubavsion stuff? sure...working great here in Minnesota at a 9 elevation on the dish. TO should be no problems :)

Hispasat covers both North America and Europe. We can't get the Europe beam stuff

Thanks Iceburg! Sorry for posting in the wrong area. Do you have a strong transponder to setup with?

Attachments

• 000_0152.jpg
    000_0152.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 137
  • 000_0153.jpg
    000_0153.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 128
I can easily pull in Hispasat @ 30 West on my motorized Ku dish in London Ontario.. The dish looks pretty funny because it is pointed pretty low, but the signal quality is fine.

I have installed a couple of motorized 90 cm ku dishes and it works great for that bird here in Mississauga and Toronto. Only 19 degrees elevation so it points funny to the ground almost.

Also try the TVE mux at 12150 V at 27500 SR it is also a strong TP. Skew should be around 38 counterclockwise from behind the dish if I recall correctly, check dishpointer.com

With a Coolsat 6000 I get almost 75 quality maximum and with Captiveworks 600P around 50. 65 is the threshold for Coolsat and 25-26 for the CW. I hope it helps.

It is very low in the sky for Toronto so check any potential obstructions.

The List shows Hispasat at 23.3 elevation here. I may repoint one of my Primestars at it later- (when the sun goes down some) and check it out!

Locked the sat today with little to no problem. Thankyou for the help everyone. I wonder if anyone has gone any further east and locked. Maybe telestar12. Testing just for the fun of it.

Telstar 12 comes in strong here, its my east limit. I think I could hit Atlantic bird 1 but my house is in the way, also, last I looked (quite a while ago), a universal lnbf was required for the one or two feeds that were beamed to NA.

how many portuguese channels does hispasat currently have FTA?
pointed to it today and got got some channels,
but no signal at tp 11731 which is where the channels i want are.

lnb is a qsat with a 33" dish
ku standard lnbf
digital ready
rf: 11.70/12.20ghz
if: 950/1450mhz
lo: 10.750ghz

what am i doing wrong?

how many portuguese channels does hispasat currently have FTA?
pointed to it today and got got some channels,
but no signal at tp 11731 which is where the channels i want are.

That transponder is aimed at Europe, so it cannot be received from this side of the Atlantic.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts