Hissing off of 522

JaneMN

Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
I have a 522 connected to another accessory television which also runs one more accessory television...so a total of 3 off the 522

The 2 accessory TVs have terrible audio hissing...almost cannot hear at all over the hissing. This happens whether 1, 2 or 3 of them are on.

Very irritating! Any solutions??

Sorry I am kind of green to this whole tech thing but the first accessory TV is picked up by antenna and the second is wired..does that make sense?

Yes the 2nd and 3rd TVs mirror. Also note, this is a fairly new problem. Didn't happen first 2 years I had this set up.

My guess would probably be that it is just an issue with the box itself. After a while they do go bad. Do you have a lot of stuff stored on the DVR? If it has been installed for 2 years, its not the setup. Is the receiver in an entertainment center, or out in the open?

So, it could be the box even if the main TV is not effected? The box is on a shelf only. There are approximately 90 hours on the DVR...Is that bad :-( ??

No...i would bet that it is the splitter itself going bad. It has been known to cause distortion in video and audio. That would be an easy 2 or 3 dollar fix that you may be able to do yourself, if you know where the splitter is.

As for your question, yes it could be the box. It could be an issue with the audio ouput for the backfeed TVs, but i would first check and replace the splitter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)