History Channel becoming more annoying?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Corrado

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2007
Hudson Valley Region, NY
I decided to watch IRT last night and noticed that the History Channel decided to add more onscreen garbage to clutter and annoy viewers in the upper left screen area every few minutes. If this trend continues there won't be much screen left for programming. I'm ready to contact them them to complain. Last week on IRT they decided to fill in the blanks of the bleeped curse word with "F***" in subtitles. Is that necessary?

Contact them and tell what you think, if enough people complain maybe some good will come out of it. As for me I been watching other channels and watching less and less of History Channel these days myself.

Its not just History that does that. A lot of channels are doing that

I watch a lot of Tru TV and they have in the corner "new episode of ________________" damn near the whole time. Or when a brand new show is coming up they have a countdown clock in the corner.

History and Fx do the same thing. Just a big advertising board

This is one of the reasons I dropped my pizza subscription a long time ago. I was paying $65+ per month for TV and having to endure commercials too.:mad: I haven't missed it much except for one thing. That was when the money hungry NFL moved an American tradition, Monday Night Football to a pay channel, ESPN. :mad:

The pop up last night was blue #IRT. I sub with H2H but checked the other location FTA and it had it also. I think it's for the Twits on Twitter. Whatever it is, I hate it. I watch TV to watch TV not play with the phone or such devices.

I watch a lot of Tru TV and they have in the corner "new episode of ________________" damn near the whole time. Or when a brand new show is coming up they have a countdown clock in the corner.

Let's be thankful that they're not pushing back the picture and running a realtime video promo in the corner....now that would be annoying!

I watch Tru TV as well and the new episode is very annoying.

I hate the animations across the bottom all through the shows. "Coming up next" and such. And then the American Picker guys (I like that show) will stroll across the bottom of the screen during pawn stars like they belong there with some little graphics about an all new episode, NEXT WEEK........

They need to run shows in letter box format and keep the annoying graphics down in the black part and off the video! :mad:

I noticed there are not many real history shows on the History Channel anymore. I realize that history is not the most popular subject for some, but why don't they change the name of the channel.

It is hard to believe that they have run out of history!

In my lifetime there are more yesterdays than tomorrows......

Remember when they began this crap of placing what they call a "bug" on the screen it was not as noticeable? It was in the lower right corner on most channels and was kind of greyed out somewhat. Now History has become become one of the worst offenders of stuff placed at the bottom of the screen. Extra large font in bright colors too...ahhh for the old days..
Blind

I noticed there are not many real history shows on the History Channel anymore. I realize that history is not the most popular subject for some, but why don't they change the name of the channel.

the one show I really like on there (and somewhat educational) is "How the States got their shapes"

Not long ago it was a frozen picture of some guy on the beach, lol. I'm not about to complain - it's free. Sure, I would like to see changes, but it's alllll aboooott the money, remember.

At least they aren't running those disgusting commercials like MeTV does late night, for, um, male products and "herpes cures"
doh.gif

hey gardenman2002 here.
I agree with all of you on the on screen promos,and scrolling. only thing i can say is that i watch it on fta and
i sure enjoy it all since i dont have any pay except a 4dtv package the wife and boy watch alot.Maybe they are prepping the channels to switch over to a new format?

I hate that crap. I'm willing to pay a few bucks more to get rid of the advertising. They really shouldn't be advertising their programming since there is a GUIDE to consult if I want to know what's on.

What's a show called "After Armageddon" got to do with history. Isn't that the future?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts