History Channel HD

Space Signal

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 8, 2006
Anyone have the History HD yet? It has'nt show up in my system yet. Is a it new premium channel you have to pay extra for even if you have all the HD premium channels before the 15th?

Sept. 1 is a Saturday. Will E* make this available the Wednesday before or after the 1st?

Although not usual, they have activated channels on the weekend before. Since the channel is not availble from its source until Sep 1 and Dish announced they will have it Sep 1, thats when I would expect it.

When Boomerang came on the air on a weekend night, Dish actually launched the channel a day and a half early. It ran a continuous loop of the calliope type theme with various toys showing on screen until the actual start of programming.

I don't know if this is what Dish has in store for us for this channel. Of course it would make very little sence on the marketing side to launch a channel on one of the lowest rated weekends in creation! :) Historically Labor Day weekend has the third or fourth lowest TV viewership of the year! Launching the Tuesday after would make much more sense.

See ya
Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)