Lost ability to pay bill via 622

bruin95

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2006
Sin City
I went to pay my bill last night via the 622, like I do every month, and noticed that the "pay your bill" area is gone from the customer support screen. There are only three selections you can make, Add Programming, Tech Support, and Cool Features. What's funny is that the crawl on the bottom of the screen says something like "Do you know you can pay your bill right now? Just select 'pay your bill' above. Where? It's gone. It's not there anymore. A call to a CSR was fruitless, of course. They said it should be there. Anyone else noticing this?

I saw exactly the same thing this past weekend. I haven't checked it since then.

I have used that means once or twice when I came to the realization that I was about to go past due and I happened to be sitting in front of the TV. I ususally pay on-line from work but at home I only have dial-up so the interactive means was equally as fast. You always have the automated phone option as well, but don't use a CSR - they apparently now charge an additional $5 for that "service"...

Everybody doesn't spend their life camped out in front of a computer all day like we seem to do.. For us, yes, it's easier to pay it online. But it's actually very easy to use the interactive on the TV to pay your bill. And some folks count on it being available. I myself have used it many times. I mean it's there, and I'm watching TV, and it works.. Certainly nothing hard about it.. So if it's broke they need to fix it. I haven't looked at it in the last few weeks so I don't know if it's gone or not.

I'm not arguing the point; in fact, you make a good one. My first thought was, "Maybe he doesn't have Internect access." My second thought was, "Duh! He's on here, isn't he?"

Like I said before, I've always wondered (but I don't really care).

Yes I noticed that today as i was just looking around to see what may of changed and the pay your bill option is gone but it does say at the bottom " do you know you can pay your bill now"

Kind of stupid if you ask me but that's just my opinion

I haven't looked for a while, but I've always wondered why people paid that way in the first place. It's very quick and easy to do it at dishnetwork.com.

Why? Because there are very nasty people all over the net that are just waiting to steal as much info from you as they can get. I avoid using my credit card online as much as possible. Plus, it wasn't too long ago that E*'s website was hacked in to. Just food for thought.