History-live on Al Jazeera 97W

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

turbosat

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
Oneonta,AL
Live coverage of the demonstrations happening in Egypt.
12152H 20000sr 3/4
v4025 a4035
This may not be the only channel covering this-but they are sticking with the story.

Those Egyptian Government SOB's

arrested six Al Jazeera journalists and shut down their operation in Cairo. WHAT ARE THEY AFRAID OF?

Thank you Tucanman for showing this.

I get quite a bit of my news from AJE, and I think I would be afraid of ANY satellite company or cable offering this to their home viewers, they (the re-broadcaster) might insist on AJE cutting their FTA access to this great news sourse.

Just my two cents.

Photto

I was watching earlier and noticed they were running their FTA coordinates as a crawl at the bottom of the screen so people could find them. :)

Unfortunately not to many people know what a FEC is... but its a start. :D

I would be afraid of ANY satellite company or cable offering this to their home viewers, they (the re-broadcaster) might insist on AJE cutting their FTA access to this great news sourse.
AJE is now available on all the major providers here in Canada and I must confess that it is making me nervous due to the above mentioned reason.

I've had it really strong on 97 all day (have a dish parked there). As Scott mentioned, screen crawler has been giving FTA coordinates all day for the different feeds & languages - sorta advertising FTA.

Event certainly will be historic as previously mentioned - just not sure if it is good or bad history yet; only time will tell.

Last thing they need is some A-hole with a vest - all bets are off at that point.

OK, this is weird. I went to AJE last night, and ...... nothing. I seem to have lost RT also, but I still have PRESS.

I did a rescan but haven't found it yet. I am hoping it's the up-link, time will tell.

Photto

Photto,

I haven't lost connection to the Ku-Band AJE since the Egyption unrest began. Not even during our mini-blizzard. Today, the signal quality is maxed out for me on my AZBox (100%).
Normally it is not this powerful for me, usually in the 94-96% range. But, it is a very clear day from my vantage point and the air is very cold and very dry.
(97.0W Galaxy 19, 12152 MHz Horizontal, 19997 KS/s, FEC 3/4).

RADAR

Let's hope Al Jazeera doesn't abandon us so they can get on US cable. I have faith in them that they won't!

AJE is now available on all the major providers here in Canada and I must confess that it is making me nervous due to the above mentioned reason.

I sincerely doubt that AJE will go off of FTA. They have a reason for wanting to be there.

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)