Hitachi 61sdx01b&811

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

EARLSIMPSON

Original poster
Jun 20, 2004
I just got my HD811 rcvr from Dish and clicked on the 1080i function on the dish menu and all 3 colors are separated. 720p is fine. Also in HDTV mode, the regular component input display for 4x3 480p leaves a ragged small black border on the left and right of the screen.
S-Video is fine on an alternate input.
Does this mean I need a calibration, and if I do should I try to eliminate the small black border in 480p mode?

Component cables for input#1 and set to HDTV mode.

Does your Hitachi havae 'Magic Focus'??

If you feel like spending a a little time, you could try a manual convergence. It is in the same menu as Magic focus. On the 57 anyway.

If you do a manual convergence then 'DONT' do a magic focus because it will wipe out all the adjustments you just made.

This has nothing to do with service menu adjustments though. Those should be left alone unless you have a little technical experience.

HDNET runs a hi-def test pattern 8AM Eastern time every Tuesday. Might want to set your alarm. This will give you an idea anyway.

Yep! I tried the auto magic focus. The manual adjust I was to chicken to do. If the Sears tech doesn't calibrate it right next week, I will venture into the adjust menu. I believe there is a way to reset your magic focus to the new settings after a manual adjust.
Got the HK7200 also. Nice unit!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)