HLN (ch. 202), part of the Welcome Pack now?

I called Dish regarding the loss of TNT from my channel lineup when I returned to the Welcome Pack
after 3 1/2 month absence. The CSR didn't seem to be with it because I got chopped up responses,
a piece of a sentence, then another piece, then another. Anyway, he said it was either a "free preview"
(it wasn't, of course) or the software glitch (which it apparently was). Nothing was offered for the loss
of TNT, just a response in bits and pieces. So, I guess I will be waiting for that software glitch to do its
thing in the future, if it does. It is quite interesting that the glitch included TNT, the channel just below
TBS, for me, and included HLN, the channel just below Bloomberg, for some others. Both TBS and
Bloomberg really are in the Welcome Pack, of course. The glitch seems to be connected with a channel
that is just below the real channels within the Welcome Pack. Now that HD has been included, is anyone
still receiving TNT or HLN through the Welcome Pack?

I called Dish regarding the loss of TNT from my channel lineup when I returned to the Welcome Pack
after 3 1/2 month absence. The CSR didn't seem to be with it because I got chopped up responses,
a piece of a sentence, then another piece, then another. Anyway, he said it was either a "free preview"
(it wasn't, of course) or the software glitch (which it apparently was). Nothing was offered for the loss
of TNT, just a response in bits and pieces. So, I guess I will be waiting for that software glitch to do its
thing in the future, if it does. It is quite interesting that the glitch included TNT, the channel just below
TBS, for me, and included HLN, the channel just below Bloomberg, for some others. Both TBS and
Bloomberg really are in the Welcome Pack, of course. The glitch seems to be connected with a channel
that is just below the real channels within the Welcome Pack. Now that HD has been included, is anyone

Isn't this the third time you've posted about this in the last 2 days. I think it's apparent that TNT is not supposed to be in the Welcome Pack and if you were lucky enough to get it for free for a period of time then good for you. If you want it now the best way would probably be for you to subscribe to a package that includes it.

Isn't this the third time you've posted about this in the last 2 days. I think it's apparent that TNT is not supposed to be in the Welcome Pack and if you were lucky enough to get it for free for a period of time then good for you. If you want it now the best way would probably be for you to subscribe to a package that includes it.
Agree.

Make me wonder if this Guy works for TNT lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Thank you, Jerryez. I was about ready to chuck this site since all I seem to get here is insults. But
Maybe I'll stay for a while.
A cool feature for you if anyone gets too aggressive towards you, is the IGNORE feature. Select the name of anyone that you want to and put them on ignore and you will not even see them in the thread any longer. I have used it in the past on several members who I feel deserved it. It makes this site much nicer to read.

Reactions: fhsucade07
Did you actually ask for a discount, or just wait for Dish to offer it? You will not get a discount unless you actually ask for it.

As far as I can tell, the HLN glitch involved a software glitch with the ViP722k receiver that has since been fixed, since only people with that receiver model were reporting receiving HLN. The (apparently much rarer) TNT glitch could be tied to TBS, since almost every package that includes TBS (on any provider) also includes TNT. Welcome Pack is the rare exception to that rule.

Neither the HLN or TNT glitch ever included the HD feed, only the SD feed. The HD feeds are actually mapped down from four-digit channel numbers in the 9000's. So, even if there is a glitch involving accidentally authorizing consecutive channel numbers, the channel needed to be subscribed in order to activate the glitch of the HD feed might be a completely different channel than the one that appears next to the channel in the three-digit channel range.

When I had Direct TV a few years ago, my favorite mourning show was HLN and Robin Meade, but it wasn't High Def. When I got my new Hoppers, there she was in glorious HD and the news got even more interesting.
:lovecomputer

Reactions: jegrant

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts