HLN (ch. 202), part of the Welcome Pack now?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
My brother has Esquire and his RSN with his Welcome Package. He had been AT200 with Multi-Sport before dropping. He assumed it was because his receiver was unplugged the day he downgraded as neither are supposed to be in the Welcome Pack.
Did he get the HD part time RSN as well?

There were welcome pack customers who got AMC for over a year due to a glitch in Dish's system. That was a bad day when they caught it, and customers thought it was in their package.
Well, the difference with that situation is that the subscribers who got AMC by "mistake" actually had AMC as part of the Welcome Pack prior to Dish's dispute with AMC. I suspect that the "glitch" may have been intentional, to avoid ticking off Welcome Pack subscribers by bringing back AMC only to immediately take it away from us again, especially while we were still receiving bill credits from when it was dropped the first time. Dish waited until the credits were about to run out before they removed AMC from the Welcome Pack, or at least that is the way it worked out on my accounts.

My brother has Esquire and his RSN with his Welcome Package. He had been AT200 with Multi-Sport before dropping. He assumed it was because his receiver was unplugged the day he downgraded as neither are supposed to be in the Welcome Pack.
At one point, I got the RSNs for my area for a month after downgrading from AT120+ to Welcome Pack. At first, I got all of our local RSNs except one. (I think Big Ten was the one that was missing.) Because I was no longer getting the HD feeds of the national channels, I logged into my Dish account a few days after the downgrade to cancel my AutoPay since I figured I no longer needed it for HD Free For Life. This change seemed to remove the Fox Sports RSNs, but I continued to get SportsTime Ohio and the RSN alternate channels. A month after downgrading to Welcome Pack, I logged back into my Dish account to drop the full-price HBO and get HBO at half-price for six months. This change must have "reset" my account, because I lost the remaining RSN channels at that point.
Did he get the HD part time RSN as well?
During the extra month I was getting the RSNs, I also got the HD feeds when they were showing games.

Reactions: fhsucade07
Update: Now, I am no longer getting HLN. Oh well, it was a nice five months while it lasted. Are the other Welcome Pack subscribers who posted in this thread still getting HLN? (if you were getting it before)

For the record, since the last HBO free preview ended, I also am no longer getting HLN. I guess Dish finally saw the mistake.

For the record, since the last HBO free preview ended, I also am no longer getting HLN. I guess Dish finally saw the mistake.
Weird, HLN did not disappear for me until after the Showtime free preview. Oh well, I guess it is time to start a thread on Slickdeals telling Welcome Pack subscribers to call Dish to request a $5 credit on their bills to make up for the loss of HLN. (At least, that is what I got when I called to ask about HLN.)

Update: I am no longer getting TNT. I closed that account.

On my other account, I temporarily upgraded to AT120, then dropped back down to Welcome Pack. I am still getting HLN.
Okay, this is weird. I reopened my closed account, moved to the Cleveland, OH local market, and switched to a different ViP211k, and now I am getting TNT again. I have pretty much debunked all of my theories about why I am getting TNT, so I guess I will just enjoy the ride while it lasts.

Final Update: Last week I lost TNT. When I called a CSR in the Loyalty Department to ask why I am no longer receiving TNT, she told me that I had been grandfathered for TNT, and that TNT had accidentally been removed when I went online to change my HBO, Cinemax, Starz, and Encore free for three months promos to "Do Not Continue." (I still have no clue how I got grandfathered for TNT in the first place, but that was the explanation she gave me.) She offered me $25 off Dish America per month for five months, but that still would have been more than I am paying for Welcome Pack. So instead, I asked if Dish could send me a free external hard drive rather than give me credits on my bill, and she agreed to do that. So, the story has a happy ending.

Final Update: Last week I lost TNT. When I called a CSR in the Loyalty Department to ask why I am no longer receiving TNT, she told me that I had been grandfathered for TNT, and that TNT had accidentally been removed when I went online to change my HBO, Cinemax, Starz, and Encore free for three months promos to "Do Not Continue." (I still have no clue how I got grandfathered for TNT in the first place, but that was the explanation she gave me.) She offered me $25 off Dish America per month for five months, but that still would have been more than I am paying for Welcome Pack. So instead, I asked if Dish could send me a free external hard drive rather than give me credits on my bill, and she agreed to do that. So, the story has a happy ending.

How big is the external hard drive they're going to sent you? I mean, like 500 GB?

How big is the external hard drive they're going to sent you? I mean, like 500 GB?
I received it yesterday. It is a Seagate 1TB drive. Dish is selling them on their website under "Order From Store" for $99.99 plus tax. That is not quite as much as the credits I was originally offered, but at least I got something of value, and I did not have to upgrade my programming package.

Reactions: Tecmo SB Guy

Am I understanding this correctly that TNT is grandfathered into your welcome pack if so how long have you had the welcome pack thanks?

I would like to know if the person seeing TNT as part of the welcome pack is on the eastern arc or western arc?

Am I understanding this correctly that TNT is grandfathered into your welcome pack if so how long have you had the welcome pack thanks?
I would like to know if the person seeing TNT as part of the welcome pack is on the eastern arc or western arc?
I posted details earlier in this thread, but I will get you up-to-date briefly. I have had Welcome Pack continuously on this account from February 2013 until May 2015, when I temporarily closed this account. I re-opened the account on July 27. Prior to switching to Welcome Pack in February 2013, I had AT120+ for one month, and I had Latino Dos for several months before that. (August 2012 to January 2013) Prior to that, I had Welcome Pack from March 2012 to August 2012. So, I previously had TNT as part of my programming with the higher packages, but I never received TNT with the Welcome Pack until either February or March of this year. (I am not sure which since I wasn't watching this account very often at the time. It is a secondary account.) That is why I am skeptical about the "grandfathering" explanation, since the timing does not make any sense, and since TNT never showed up on my other account or on my sister's account, both of which had Welcome Pack at the same time. Also, nobody else who posted in this thread reported getting TNT with Welcome Pack. I was simply reporting the explanation the CSR gave me.

At the time I started getting TNT, I was on Western Arc with Los Angeles locals until I closed the account. When I re-opened the account, I moved to the Cleveland, OH local market with Eastern Arc, and I started receiving TNT again until August 13. Like I posted earlier, I did go online to make changes to my account that day, but the timing might have just been a coincidence. There was a brief free preview of TRU (channel 242) around that time. Short free previews usually indicate package-flag changes. So, if Dish was changing the package-flag for TRU, I suppose it is possible that Dish checked the package-flags for the other Turner channels at the same time, and that is what actually removed TNT from my account. As reported earlier in this thread, Dish had already fixed the glitch that caused HLN to show up on some accounts with Welcome Pack.

Well, I need some advice. Around five months ago, TNT appeared in my Welcome Pack. I live in eastern WV.
It did NOT appear in my mother's Welcome Pack in western WV. Three months ago, to cut costs, I dropped
the Welcome Pack for the $10 International Pack ( I could subscribe to that because I subscribe to a foreign language programming pack.) Today, I returned to the Welcome Pack, and no TNT. My mother never received
TNT in her Welcome Pack, and she had it for two years until she just recently switched over to the Smart
Pack. (If she returns to Welcome in the future, she doesn't have to worry about TNT because she never got it anyway.) So, now, do I call up Dish and say I'm not getting TNT in the Welcome Pack, or just say nothing and
hope that TNT mysteriously (or even HLN making an initial appearance for me) makes a re-appearance? I've noticed that many of the channels in Welcome are now HD. Is this normal? TBS, MSNBC and others are HD this time around. Is Welcome now normally with so many HD's, that it weren't there three months ago? I need some advice as to whether I just keep my mouth shut or if I should call about the missing TNT, and even if I did call, would I get it back? (The previous posts seem to indicate that just waiting for a re-appearance is the
only real alternative.)

I don't see TNT in the Welcome Pack.
So IMO if you ask Dish they are going to tell you TNT isn't available.

And YES ,
HD was just recently added to the welcome pack, so this is normal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Likely, if TNT is not in the WP, you had a software glitch that worked in your favor, leaving it available without you paying for it. When you switched, that changed and it corrected itself.

Reactions: fhsucade07
I switched to the International Basic pack on 9/1/15, which was the last day that I received
TNT in the Welcome Pack. After deciding International Basic was a great price ($10) but
little more than BBC America and some programming from Europe in English, I switched to
the Smart Pack. One month was enough of that, so I went back to the Welcome Pack. It's
great that many channels are now in HD, but I don't have TNT or HLN as desserts. Maybe
someday that software glitch will give me TNT again (or even HLN), but even without TNT
or HLN, the Welcome Pack is still the best buy from Dish. Now, to see if they raise the price
on Welcome in 2016.

First, thanks for posting, TNTAddict! Now I know that I was not the only one getting TNT with Welcome Pack. Next, it never hurts to call Dish and ask for a credit if you are not getting a channel that you had been getting previously with the same package. They might offer you a deal on Dish America like they offered me (see post number 29) or at least offer you a $5 per month credit for awhile. You will probably not get TNT back unless you upgrade your package. Finally, I am the one who started the thread about the HD feeds being added to Welcome Pack. (titled "HD feeds being added to Welcome Pack!") It looks like all of the HD feeds that are going to be added any time soon have already been added. Enjoy your Welcome Pack with HD subscription!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts