HMC/ HD DVR Receiver Question?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

hansokl

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 4, 2010
Atlanta
Hey everyone!! Good morning.. I just switched to Directv yesterday from Dish and have a couple of questions about the receivers I have. I have one HMC (living room) and one HD receiver(master bd) First off.. I was told by multiple sales guys that I would be able to pause/stop live tv up in my master bedroom with the HD receiver because I had the HMC downstairs. That really didn't make any sense to me but since I was told the same thing by multiple directv employees, I took their word. Anyway.. I realize that I can't pause/stop live tv in my master because I don't have a DVR in that receiver. My question is: If I switch to a HD DVR box up in my master, will I still be able to access recorded shows that are downstairs on my HMC DVR? I really don't want to have to choose between being able to Pause/stop live tv upstairs and watching shows upstairs from the HMC downstairs? I'm hoping if I switch to a HD DVR upstairs, that I will gain additional storage from the new DVR and also still be able to watch my recordings from HMC. I would really appreciate any help or input that you guys may have. Thanks !!

Hey everyone!! Good morning.. I just switched to Directv yesterday from Dish and have a couple of questions about the receivers I have. I have one HMC (living room) and one HD receiver(master bd) First off.. I was told by multiple sales guys that I would be able to pause/stop live tv up in my master bedroom with the HD receiver because I had the HMC downstairs. That really didn't make any sense to me but since I was told the same thing by multiple directv employees, I took their word. Anyway.. I realize that I can't pause/stop live tv in my master because I don't have a DVR in that receiver. My question is: If I switch to a HD DVR box up in my master, will I still be able to access recorded shows that are downstairs on my HMC DVR? I really don't want to have to choose between being able to Pause/stop live tv upstairs and watching shows upstairs from the HMC downstairs? I'm hoping if I switch to a HD DVR upstairs, that I will gain additional storage from the new DVR and also still be able to watch my recordings from HMC. I would really appreciate any help or input that you guys may have. Thanks !!

This is exactly what happened to me. Several sales people assured me I'd be able to pause live tv in all the rooms. It still kind of pisses me off that they lied, but at least I was able to get another HD DVR in our master bedroom for no charge.

And yes, you have all that extra recording space AND you can still watch recordings off the HMC DVR. I LOVE THAT!! Also love being able to switch back & forth between channels (using the down arrow), & basically being able to watch 2 shows at once. Couldn't do that with Dish. It will be GREAT for football season!!

This is exactly what happened to me. Several sales people assured me I'd be able to pause live tv in all the rooms. It still kind of pisses me off that they lied, but at least I was able to get another HD DVR in our master bedroom for no charge.

And yes, you have all that extra recording space AND you can still watch recordings off the HMC DVR. I LOVE THAT!! Also love being able to switch back & forth between channels (using the down arrow), & basically being able to watch 2 shows at once. Couldn't do that with Dish. It will be GREAT for football season!!

congrats and enjoy :)

It's too bad that so much wrong information is given out by the csrs, but don't assume you were lied to. More likely the csr didn't know what he was talking about.

It's too bad that so much wrong information is given out by the csrs, but don't assume you were lied to. More likely the csr didn't know what he was talking about.

Yeah ... its not always so much lying as it is a misunderstanding;

DIRECTV released the HR34 HMC before the RVU client boxes (D*'s version of the Dish "Joey") that allow you to pause live TV on the HR34 were ready. And in the interim supplemented with H2X receivers, usually the H25s, which are commonly mistaken to have the RVU capability to pause live TV.

Right now only a few of the Samsung Smart TV series models have this capability built in to them. However, it appears D*s RVU client STB, the "C31-700" is soon to be released though as someone apparently leaked in these recent images here;
Photobucket | directv c31 rvu client device Pictures, directv c31 rvu client device Images, directv c31 rvu client device Photos

And discussed on dbstalk in this thread here;
Is this for real? If so why is there no "First Look"? - DBSTalk.Com

Not to split hairs, but IMO if you're passing along false information as if you KNOW it is a FACT, then YOU ARE NOT TELLING THE TRUTH. The questions I was asking were very specific (e.g. can you freeze live tv in these other rooms), & the answers I received were without hesitation "YES." Not "maybe" or "I don't know" or "I'm not sure" or "that's what I've been told."

The bottom line is that if this is seriously a problem with sales people not knowing the facts about their product, then DirecTV needs to do a better job of training these people to give the CORRECT answer. Ignorance or incompentance is really not an acceptable defense for giving out false information. New customers are depending on them to know what they're talking about.

Not to split hairs, but IMO if you're passing along false information as if you KNOW it is a FACT, then YOU ARE NOT TELLING THE TRUTH. The questions I was asking were very specific (e.g. can you freeze live tv in these other rooms), & the answers I received were without hesitation "YES." Not "maybe" or "I don't know" or "I'm not sure" or "that's what I've been told."

The bottom line is that if this is seriously a problem with sales people not knowing the facts about their product, then DirecTV needs to do a better job of training these people to give the CORRECT answer. Ignorance or incompentance is really not an acceptable defense for giving out false information. New customers are depending on them to know what they're talking about.

This mis-info might have been forgivable the 1st 2 weeks they sold the HR34.. but its been out for what, half a year now? It becomes blatant negligence at some point if DTV can't train their CSRs on such a very BASIC piece of information.

This mis-info might have been forgivable the 1st 2 weeks they sold the HR34.. but its been out for what, half a year now? It becomes blatant negligence at some point if DTV can't train their CSRs on such a very BASIC piece of information.

Splitting hairs can be important if the correct meaning of something isn't getting across. I agree with both posters I quoted, but "not telling the truth" isn't the same as lying, and I do think it's negligent to continually give out wrong information. I had talked to someone in the office of the president about the rvu client issue. Csrs were telling callers that the HR34 would only work with Samsung televisions and I told him about several instances I had read about. He assured me that they had retrained everyone on the subject, yet a month later it was still going on!

This is exactly what happened to me. Several sales people assured me I'd be able to pause live tv in all the rooms.
Same here, and that the HR24 would still serve 4 rooms with the ability to record and watch live tv. Sure they can, but when I asked if they could do it at the same time, they still said yes. BIG FAT NO! Miss-informed?? Who cares ,Its not accurate!
And not once did they mention you can only stream 1 remote room at a time with the HR24.

Boy am I gald I did some research first. And once I had my order placed ,(Hr34,3x H25) they failed to mention that the H25's can't can pause or rewind live tv. But again insisted that they could.

So I changed my order to add another HD DVR. It was a pain, It required a whole completely new order cause I submitted my rebates already.

I say , If you want to sell or promote certain types of equipment. Then your CSR's should know its function 100%. After all you are Directv, and we are leasing Directv equipment. Really no excuse is acceptable.

I agree no excuse is acceptable, mostly anyways. I was giving reasons, not excuses.

I am getting the HD Box switched for an HD DVR box for free as well!! I am thinking I would had to pay another $99 if I would have ordered it from the beginning. Well they technically aren't lying about anything. They basically tell you that you are able to pause live tv with the standard hd receiver if you have the HMC. If you ask them to explain it to you, they tell you that you have to start recording the channel and then you can pause it. I think it is very clever how they present the information. Oh well I am happy so far with the switch

They told me the same thing about pausing live TV but didn't mention that you would have to start recording.

Is having the HMC and HD DVR going to be hard to manage?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)