HNIC not in HD?

If your talking about center ice, I don't think the Canadian feeds are in HD, usually NHL network simulcasts hockey night in Canada, but maybe not tonight?

its available in HD on Directv....all 3 HNIC games are (Jets game at 2 and the 2 night games)

so its not a issue with HNIC being in HD on NHL CI

One, as a Bruins fan, I have to say it: CANADIENS SUCK! If I had a gun to my head and the options were wear a Yankees shirt or a Canadiens shirt, I'd apologize to Red Sox Nation later and wipe my ... with the Canadiens shirt. With all due respect of course.

Back to the issue at hand. Originally, the HNIC games were exclusive to CI. A few years ago, they were moved to the NHL Net. Then the late game went back to CI with the early game on NHL Net. Last season, it all returned to CI. CI only provides the SD feeds. Your provider is expected to provide the HD feeds. So, since Dish doesn't have CBC, the HD feed isn't available. If you notice, MSG games, Sports Net Canada games, TSN games, etc. aren't available in HD either, because Dish doesn't have those channels in their lineup.

One, as a Bruins fan, I have to say it: CANADIENS SUCK! If I had a gun to my head and the options were wear a Yankees shirt or a Canadiens shirt, I'd apologize to Red Sox Nation later and wipe my ... with the Canadiens shirt. With all due respect of course.

Back to the issue at hand. Originally, the HNIC games were exclusive to CI. A few years ago, they were moved to the NHL Net. Then the late game went back to CI with the early game on NHL Net. Last season, it all returned to CI. CI only provides the SD feeds. Your provider is expected to provide the HD feeds. So, since Dish doesn't have CBC, the HD feed isn't available. If you notice, MSG games, Sports Net Canada games, TSN games, etc. aren't available in HD either, because Dish doesn't have those channels in their lineup.

That's why Dish people should go with GameCenter. CI on Dish is awful.

As a Dish subscriber, I thought I would watch the free preview on Gamecenter on my Roku to make a decision as to which one I like. Apparently there is no free preview on Gamecenter as all I can find is subscription unless i'm missing something ?

As a Dish subscriber, I thought I would watch the free preview on Gamecenter on my Roku to make a decision as to which one I like. Apparently there is no free preview on Gamecenter as all I can find is subscription unless i'm missing something ?

I know Dish has a free preview until 2/1 but I would guess that is only for authorization on the Dish receiver.

no freeview of Gamecenter

Last night 1/26 the second CBC game WAS in HD this is the FIRST time that I can remember that DISH had a CDC HD broadcast that was not on the NHL network.
A sign of things to come? I hope.

Maybe Cheap Charlie is finally listening and getting the HD feeds for Canadian teams, how much extra could it really cost to get HD feeds for all NHL games?

Center Ice is an NHL product. So, even if Dish doesn't carry some RSN's for their regular subs, some type of deal should be in place between the teams and NHL to include those broadcasts in CI, regardless of the standard carrier carriage contracts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts